Chapter 27

Zethora's POV

"You ready sis?"

I turn around from the mirror looking at my sister. She is currently hanging out in my room while I get ready for the date. Maddox told me just to dress comfortable. I decided to wear some skin tight blue jeans with my black spanks underneath and a soft cream color sweater. I didn't want to overthink it too much. I put on my boots that have a little heal on them. I run my fingers through my hair giving my sister a nod. 

In all honesty, I have been excited bout this all day while at practice. Thankfully coach didn't bring up the whole relationship discussion again. Practice went really good and I feel I am ready for my tryouts and now just wish it would be here. 

DING DONG

My sister squeals while I smile at her. She jumps off the bed racing to the front door. I giggle when I know she is gone. I turn back to the mirror one last time. I check to make sure I look okay before heading out the bedroom. I walk down stairs to see my sister talking to Maddox in hush tone. I stand at the top of the stairs watching the interaction continues to see Arabella hold out her pinky to Maddox who takes it in his own. I walk down the stairs and his head snaps up to me. A smile begins spreading over my face as I feel the blush creeping up my neck. His gaze lingering on my legs. 

I look him over as well. He is wearing some dark blue jeans with black boots. He has a gray button up on and his hair is once again pulled back in a pony tail. I wouldn't mind seeing his hair out of the pony tail. His eyes glimmering with a look of adoration. I take the final step to him as he places his hand out palm up. I grin and look to see him smirking. My thoughts racing to our first night dancing together. I take his hand as he pulls me slightly to kiss my cheek. 

"You look beautiful sweetheart." He whispers gently with his lips still lingering on my heated cheek. 

"Alright have fun sis." 

I turn back to Arabella who looks beyond happy. I smile and lean down pressing my forehead to hers. I hold it there for a moment before I pull back just enough to kiss her forehead. 

"Love you too sis." She says softly. 

Maddox gently tugs my hand and leads me out as we both wave goodbye to her. She locks the door behind us on our way out. I turn back just to see her peaking out of a window. I giggle softly catching Maddox's attention who follows my gaze seeing my sister. She isn't the least bit embarrassed at being caught. He chuckles softly as well. His thumb rubbing across my knuckles. He opens up the door to his black truck. It's slightly high off the ground but I pull myself in and adjust myself in the seat. I turn back to see Maddox standing there with an amused grin on his face. 

"I could have helped sweetheart but I got to say... didn't mind the view." 

I narrow my eyes playfully as he closes my door chuckling at me. I smile at his carefree attitude. He climbs in and starts up the truck. He leans over me and my heart beat skyrockets. I look into his eyes that are only a few inches away from my own. His gold specks dancing around making them appear as if they are gold. I hear a click and look down to see he buckled me in. I look back up at up to see a smirk on his face. He leans back in his seat buckling himself in before taking off out of the driveway. 

I notice his hand laying on the center console and decide to take a chance. I run my fingertips down his arms before reaching his hand as I intertwine our fingers. His grips my hand firmly bringing it up to his lips kissing the back of my hand. 

"I'm glad you accepted Z." He says gently. My heart warms at his admission and I squeeze his hand in return. 

I continue watching out the window before we finally pull up to a decent size home with a round about driveway. I continue looking at the window not even notice that Maddox has already gotten out and came around to my side. He opens my door and places his hands on my hips gently lifting me up before placing me on the ground. His grin returning before he closes the door and takes my hand. I look around confused on whose house we are at. 

"This is my home Z." I snap my eyes to his as he has a content smile walking me to the front door. "I hope you don't mind but I wanted to get to know you and didn't want anyone interrupting our date. 

I nod my head and lean up kissing his cheek. He clears his throat as I see some red creeping up his own neck. I internally awed at his blush. He unlocked the door before softly cursing under his breath. He turns back to me scratching the back of his neck. 

"I kinda forgot to ask... Are you okay with dogs?" I grin and nod my head rapidly. I have always wanted one of my own but due to my crazy schedule, it really would have been too much so I never gotten one.

I see Maddox visibly relax before opening his door still holding my hand. As if on command I begin hearing claws racing across the floor. Maddox gently pulls me behind him as if he was protecting me. 

"Fox halt!" I peer out from behind his figure to see a beautiful husky with reddish brown fur and the brightest blue eyes looking at Maddox. His eyes see me and he visibly tenses as if I was a threat. I gently kneel down on the floor before setting on my legs making the dog tilt it's head in question. I lay my palms face up and hold it out allowing him to get to know me. He hesitates before stepping to me sniffing my palm before he licks it. I reach out rubbing his head which he leans into. I take my other hand gently scratching behind his ear. 

"Z, this is my baby Fox. Fox say hi to Z!" Fox barks at me in response before taking a step and licking my cheek. I giggle and wrap my arms around the beautiful dog. I release her and Maddox holds out his hand helping me up. Fox continues to walk beside me as he leads me to the living room. It is breathtaking and I can't help but admire how cozy the house feels. 

He leads me to the couch setting me down before he races off to a different room. Fox jumps up beside me placing her head on my legs. I continue to pet her head relaxing in the serenity of the moment. 

I glanced around the room seeing different photos placed on the walls. One stands out to me though. I study it more closely seeing a happy family. I can tell it's his family but one little face doesn't look familiar. I can recognize his mother, father, sister, and him... but the last figure is new. There is another little boy in the photo though that looks a few years younger than Maddox. Same blonde hair that they all have but his eyes were dark brown. He seem to be a stick rather than built like Maddox. 

"His name is Sammy." 

I snap my head back seeing Maddox caring a tray in his hands over to me. My hand still absentmindedly rubbing Fox's head. Maddox sets down the food before looking over at the photo I was just focusing on. I notice he laid down a pen and paper on the coffee table. Maddox sits down next to me still looking to the photo. I place my chin on his shoulder waiting for him to continue. 

"He is my brother."