Chapter 54

Zethora's POV

"Alright Z, lets do this!" 

I nod my head and put my headband over my ears. The music begins playing in my ears. I listen to the beat and begin the floor routine. We are still practicing the floor routine to my sister's song. I have added a few tricks to up my difficulty level. We have been going at it all day. It's been roughly a week since we buried Maddox's brother Sammy. 

We've gotten into a routine. He went back to practice four days ago. The first day was rough but he's persevered. He has his moment where I can see tell he feels lost however he holds me and seems to find his center. Each day we both head off to practice before meeting back up at his house. We visit his parents and my uncle every few days. Maddox has made room in his house for me which made me emotional. 

I am getting down to my final two weeks before camp. Arabella being gone hasn't been as hard as I thought... Maddox helps a LOT in that department. We have had some sensual moments but nothing pass comfortable. I want him to feel the passion he stirs within me but right now, I can tell he is still dealing with his loss so I'm not pushing it. 

Today has been my hardest practice by far. So today 'Captain' said he would need me to stay over two hours more than normal so we could get the musicality completely wrapped up. So now I have been here since 9:00 this morning and now it is 4:20. I feel ready to either kill my coach or just kill over... my body feels like it has been tossed into a wall. Yet here I am pushing my body to do things a normal person would never think of doing. 

I listen to the music and let it guide me

I listen to the music and let it guide me. My feet slamming off the floor to do my flip. My muscles tighten as I feel my rotation coming to my landing. I stick it and begin the dance to the other corner. Lining my body up once again and taking off. I continue the routine feeling my muscles exerting all they have. I finish the routine and turn to where my coach is. My eyes go wide in confusion when I see Maddox standing there with some of his teammates behind him. He walks over to me as their jaws continue to hang open. 

"Damn sweetheart, you still amaze me!"

I smile as he goes to lift me up off the ground. His arms locked around my legs with my hands on his shoulders. His teammates walk onto the mat all with astonished looks. 

"Damn girl, you're a fucking machine." 

I nod my head at them as Maddox puts me down. One of them pats my shoulder and I automatically tense. I am still not comfortable with just anyone touching me... even if it is in a friendly manner. Maddox notices and pulls me under his arm resulting in the other's backing up. I lay my head on his torso as Coach Bridges walks onto the mat. He holds out his hand with his palm open. I take off the headband and take the earbuds out giving them to him. He closes his hand around it and gives me a single head nod. 

"Alright Z, bright and early tomorrow. Don't forget, we have less than two weeks before we leave." 

I feel Maddox tense, I rub his stomach and chest while nodding to coach. The guys give a confused look to me. I look up to Maddox who clears his throat and I can hear the hardness in his tone.