FIVE

ch

ch. 5 - and i promise that one day i'll feel fine

☕️

changbin happily opened the doo, his mind filled with joy upon seeing that hyunjin's shoes were still placed neatly inside the house.

but he stopped once he heard a strange noise. there were multiple sniffles coming from his room, which made changbin panic.

is hyunjin crying? is he okay?

changbin softly dropped his bag on the ground, careful not to make any noise. walking to his room, he found hyunjin curled up in a ball, tears flowing down his now-soaked shirt.

"hyunjin..?"

hyunjin looked up, before going into his ball again, not giving any attention to changbin. he sighed, putting a comforting hand on hyunjin's back.

hyunjin sniffled again, and pointed to his phone. changbin was confused, but took hyunjin's phone and turned it on.

upon looking at hyunjin's mom's text, his eyes widened, glancing at hyunjin's messed up state and back at the message.

angry, changbin scoffed in annoyance. how could someone's mom treat their own son like some kind of object?

"that's so fucking irritating! how could she say that? hyunjin, i'll gladly go to her house and beat the crap out of h-"

hyunjin shook his head, scooting closer to changbin. changbin was about to continue, but one look at hyunjin's puffy eyes and pleading look on his face, he shut up.

there was an awkward silence for a few moments, before changbin pulled hyunjin into a tight hug. both of them ignored their rapidly beating hearts that were thumping against their chests in sync.

after a while, changbin let go of the hug. "go to sleep. it might help."

hyunjin reluctantly nodded, looking everywhere around the room except for changbin's eyes.

"c-can you lay down with me..? for.. emotional support.." hyunjin gulped, and he nervously played with the fabric of his shirt.

but in his surprise, changbin agreed. hyunjin's eyes lit up, and the sight made changbin warmly grin.

for the first time in years, changbin fell asleep.

☕️

thoughts?
questions?
ty for reading !