EIGHT

ch

ch. 8 - with the right amount of sugar

☕️

as soon as changbin walked in the door, hyunjin ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

surprised, changbin hugged hyunjin back. "what's gotten you in a good mood?"

flashing a smile, hyunjin gripped onto changbin's wrist and led him to the kitchen, where the coffee's were calmly sitting on the counter.

"woah, did you make these?" changbin looked up at hyunjin, who let out a giggle while nodding.

"i tried putting the right amount of extras like creamers and stuff, since i remember how you like your coffees. i hope it's good enough!"

changbin listened thoroughly, looking at the amount of cups that were in the sink.

"oh..! don't worry, i'll wash them after you try the drinks!" hyunjin assured changbin. he silently cursed knowing that he should have cleaned it up before changbin came home.

changbin silently picked up a cup that looked untouched, and took a long drink. hyunjin watched, love struck, as changbin chugged the whole thing down in seconds.

"how is it?" hyunjin asked nervously. changbin nodded, an approving look on his face.

"the amount of sugar you put in is just right. perfect for my taste buds. good job, i'm proud of you!" changbin set the cup down in the sink before wiping his mouth with a napkin.

hyunjin jumped up in joy. "yay!" he carefully took changbin's hands in his and intertwined them. changbin was shocked at first, but let it slide as he squeezed hyunjin's hand.

"um actually..." hyunjin started. changbin hummed, signaling hyunjin to go on. "uh.. can i take you somewhere tomorrow?"

changbin's eyes widened. was this a date? "where?"

hyunjin looked at the cups in the sink, and then to the ground. "it's a surprise.." he held his arms awkwardly. changbin, thankfully, gave him a thumbs up.

"of course you can take me somewhere."

☕️

thoughts?
questions?
ty for reading !