Chapter 7

"Why the hell is she here?!" Harper asked furiously.

"I-I can explain," Ivor stuttered nervously.

"You better!" Harper said angrily.

"Harper, I think it'd be in your best interest to calm down and listen," Otto said softly as he walked over to her.

Harper growled a bit under her breath. Otto could tell when Harper was frustrated and now was one of those times. Otto took a hand to her shoulder and squeezed it gently. Harper sighed as she relaxed a bit.

"I'm sorry about that Ivor. I don't know what got into me," Harper apologized.

"It's alright, hun," Ivor said reassuringly.

"Now about that explanation," Harper continued, "Why in the name of Notch is Mevia here?"

"Well Hadrian, Mevia, and Cassie were all able to escape their banishments. And well, Mevia started to lash back at Hadrian and Cassie after a while, not agreeing to hurt Jesse or Jessica. So the group found her in the forest after a major forest fire in critical condition. And that's why she is now here," Ivor explained calmly to his girlfriend and her best friend.

"Oh. Well that explains everything," Harper mumbled.

"Oh and there's one thing I kind of left out," Ivor added.

"And that is?" Harper asked.

"Mevia, well, she isn't herself right now," Ivor responded.

"What do you mean?" Harper asked turning to Otto with a worried look on her face.

"Well, Mevia told me a few things that happened while she was with Hadrian and Cassie," Ivor said.

"What does he mean? What happened?!" Harper asked a bit panicked.

Otto shrugged a bit with a worried look on his face. Ivor sighed before answering,

"She's been abused and is becoming suicidal," Ivor said nervously scratching his arms.

Harper covered her mouth in shock. Otto looked like he wanted to go strangle Hadrian and Cassie right now.

"You're not serious right?" Harper asked lowering her hand from her mouth.

Ivor shook his head. Harper felt tears running down her face. She turned around burying her head in Otto's chest. Otto just stood there in shock as he tried to comfort the woman that was now sobbing on him.

"Say it isn't so," Harper said but it was muffled due to her burying her head in Otto's chest.

"I'm afraid it is so," Ivor said sadly.

"This can't be," Harper said taking her head out from Otto's chest.

"Don't worry she's going to be okay," Ivor reassured her.

Harper sighed. Ivor went up to her and started patting her shoulder.

"I think we should all try to get some rest and discuss this in the morning," Otto suggested.

Ivor nodded and led the two of them out into the hallway.

———————————————————

In the middle of the night, Harper was still awake. She tossed and turned over and over. She still couldn't shake the fact that Mevia was there, and not only is she injured, she is also becoming suicidal. Tons of thoughts were swarming through Harper's mind, and it prevented Harper from sleeping. She stocked and turned to Ivor.

"Ivor," Harper whispered while shaking him.

Ivor stirred a bit. He turned to Harper groaning.