Six

it's friday,,, u know what that means

little bit of angst, little bit of juice, enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came home around midnight. My brothers were already sleeping, and so were my parents. In fear of waking them up, I made myself comfortable on the couch.

I thought back to Jennie, who was probably still at her office. She had seemed pretty stressed, I hoped our moment together helped her a bit. I blushed thinking back of how she had held me. It hadn't at all been like I expected.

The smile that creeped up my face was quickly replaced with a frown. She only did this to help herself. I could've been anyone to her, it wouldn't matter. She only gave me money because she wanted to use me, not because she cared. I shook my head.

Don't get ahead of yourself, Lisa, she doesn't care about you, and you don't care about her. You care about her money, that's all.

Convinced that this was the case, I took a blanket and wrapped myself in it, deciding I should get some sleep.

______

four days later

"Hey, I haven't seen you in days." Jisoo smiled from behind the counter as I sat on one of the barstools.

I sighed. "Yeah, I know, I was busy."

Jisoo hummed while cleaning cups. It wasn't crowded like a few days ago, rather empty. The restaurant had only opened a few hours ago, so it made sense to me.

Jisoo put the last cup in the cupboard and leaned over the counter. "So, tell me, what have you been doing?"

"Took Myung to the doctor," I answered, recalling the moment a few days ago. I rubbed my face in my hands. "he hasn't been feeling well."

Jisoo looked up, squinting her eyes. "Where did you get the money to go to the doctor?"

I hissed to myself and thought, should I tell her? That I was getting money in exchange for my body? No. I couldn't. I'd just have to lie.

"I- uh, I got a job," I fake-smiled. Jisoo's eyes widened, and I got a weird feeling in my chest. I didn't like lying, but I couldn't tell her the truth, it was too embarrassing. My ego was already shattered when I accepted the deal, I didn't want to sink even lower by telling my best friend.

"Where?" Jisoo asked. I proceeded to tell her I got a job as a personal assistant at Kim Enterprises, which carried a little bit of truth, and told her I was making enough money to help my parents get around. She seemed happy for me, although her eyes told me she didn't entirely believe me.

"And you already got your paycheck after the first week?" She crossed her arms.

"It was an advance."