Chapter 1

"Hmmm." I said to myself as I decide what to wear. I look at my calender to see what we have planned today. Great, I forgot our family is meeting with another family from another kingdom. I believe its a peace offering but I'm unsure. I move to my closet and pull out a beautiful green dress I have saved for a special occasion. I slip it over my head and look at my reflection in the mirror. My long brunette hair falls over my shoulders, and this dress makes my green eyes stand out. Freckles sprinkle my face like snow on the ground in the winter. Although, it seems incomplete. I need a necklace or something. I grab my pink necklace and head downstairs without another thought. Rushing downstairs, I run into father. "Hello father!" I say smiling. "Good morning Hazeline. Have you eaten breakfast?" He asks. "No sir, I'm not hungry. What time is the other family arriving?" I start to walk but turn back waiting for his answer. It's about 8:30. "Possibily around 9:00, find your mother. I think she had something for you." He says slyly. "Yes sir." I say bowing and heading towards my mothers quarters. I knock on the door even though it's open. "madam, it's Hazeline." I slowly start to enter her room, even though she never invited me inside. "I have something for you, darling." She says smiling handing me a box. Me and my mother could almost be twins, we both have freckles, brunette hair and green eyes. We're splitting images of eachother. I sit down on her bed and my dress poofs up, but I open the box. "Mother! You shouldn't have!" It's a diamond necklace, that I know used to belong to my grandmother before she died. It was supposed to go to my mother but I had never seen her wear it before, and now it was mine. "Do you like it?" she asks smililng. I hug her, "Of course!" I laugh. "You need to head down to the conference room now, the other family should be arving soon. Did father tell you about their son yet?" she says with a half smirk. I feel my face turning red. "...no? Who is he?" I say standing. She starts pushing me towards the door. "Oh well then, you'll have to meet him for yourself." she says winking at me and closing her door. I'll have to meet him myself? Why were they both so secretive? I walk up to the door that leads to the conference room. I slowly open the door and walk inside. "Hello." I say greeting the family but not looking up yet. I take my spot and look up at the gorgeous boy sitting in front of me. "Hey, I'm Hunter."