chapter 4

The next morning Jane woke up early. She was nervous and excited. Patty was still sleeping a little, but more lying down. The girls were up a bit and in a good mood.

"Dance day! Dance day!" Agnes ran in the room cheerfully.

Jane giggled and smiled. Patty smiled a little at her youngest sister.

"You're coming to our show, right?" Agnes came to the elder black-haired girl.

"Of course, I am," Patty smiled at her. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Agnes smiled, then turned to Jane. "Are you coming?"

"I wouldn't miss it either..." she says. She smiled. "Oh, do you girls want to come visit Vector and share some coconutties?" She asks them then.

"What about dance class today?" Agnes tilted her head.

"We could go after dance class... Or if you want... you can surprise me by showing me how good you dance on the recital." Jane says. She gave the girl the option to choose.

"Okay!" Agnes piped up a little. "I love dance class!"

"So which do y'all want to do?" Jane asks Agnes.

Agnes took a break to think, still cheerful.

Jane explained that she would either be watching today, or getting a surprise on the night. She would let Agnes choose so the girl wouldn't be upset about the choice.

"A surprise?" Agnes's eyes lit up.

"Oh, boy!" Agnes cheered.

Patty decided to check on her other sisters if they were awake or not. Edith was asleep, half hanging out of her bed.

"Hey, wake up..." Patty whispered to her other sisters as they still slept. She looked over her shoulder as Gru seemed excited about something.

"Today, we are going to sell cookies!" Gru announces.

Edith fell out of the bed.

"After dance class." Patty told him as she helped Edith out with her leotard and tights, but not removing the hat.

"No, now." Gru says.

"No," Patty came to him, looking him in the eye. "Dance now, cookies later..." she said, nearly icily.

"No, cookies now, dance later!" Gru says.

Patty glared back at him.

Eventually, Gru had taken them to the dance school after the argument. The cookies would have to wait. Jane had gone out for another walk banished from the house by Gru until the girls got back with him there as well. Gru's neighbor was walking his dog, trying to keep it out of the yard due to complaints from next door about his 'bombs' being left behind. Other neighbors were bright and friendly compared to Gru himself, making it odd he lived among them or they lived among him.

Jane smiled. "Hello." she greeted friendly.

The neighbors waved to her.

"Good morning!" the next-door neighbor sounded overly cheerful despite being closer to Gru than the other neighbors.

Jane smiled happily. She went to talk to the man before she would go see Vector. The man waved to her, then CONTINUED his daily yard work. Jane hummed happily. She went towards the villain's house, though she didn't know he was a villain. There were SECURITY cameras out for Jane, about to zap her.

"No, not her!" Vector had it stop, then smiled, pressing the call button. "Well, hello there, where's your cookie patrol?" he asked, amused and casually.