The Proposal Part 2

Here's the second chapter! Hope you guys like it!

~HappyFacade

-•-

Chapter 2

I stared at him, mouth agape. I have read too many novels and watched too many romantic comedies to realize where this is going. He's going to make me pretend to be a guy and based from pop culture, things will turn out bad. Really bad.

"Aimi, you still there? Yoohoo! Earth to Aimi!" Brendan, gently tapped my head. I swat his hand away and growl. I glared at him before speaking.

"You're kidding me, right?" I asked, shaking his shoulders.

"Nope," he said, popping the p.

"Y-You can't...I mean...This is just...just...crazy...impossible !" I exclaimed.

"Nothing's impossible, when you're a possible," he said, quoting a line from Kim Possible, a show we used to watch when we were kids.

"You're a Charmion, not a Possible," I said.

"Whatever! So, are you up for it?" he asked.

"What? No way!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms over my chest and furrowing my eyebrows. I turned around and started walking away when he shouted for me to hault.

"Can you at least hear my plan out?" he asked.

"You're just going to waste your energy, time and saliva. In the end, you'll still get a no from me, Brendan," I said.

"Please, just listen to me. If you don't like what I have to offer-"

"Which I don't!" I interrupted. He clenched his jaw and his eyes told me to shut up and listen. "Fine, go on and tell me your plan,"

"You see," he said in a faux British accent, placing his arms over my shoulders. "This will benefit you in many way, m'lady."

"In what way, good sir?" I said, imitating him.

"Well, your elective is music, correct?"

"So?"

"And you're failing right?"

"Yeah..."

"Besides your parents, we're going to contact and inform Mrs..."

"Sippi,"

"...Inform Mrs. Sippi, what a cool name, about this special assignment of yours. She'll observe time to time and it will surely boost your grades up,"

I'm really aiming to be part of the top ten students this year, in order for me to do that, I need a high grade in my elective. That's a pretty tempting offer but still I won't be persuaded that easily.

"Should I continue or are you already dying to accept my...um...p-proposal," he said, slightly turning his head away from me.

"I'm still not buying it, Bren," I say, bluffing.

He looked at my eyes intently and poked my forehead.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I ask, rubbing my cheeks, trying to remove any dirt or unwanted material.

"I know you too well. You're bluffing...you like my offer. You're willing to do it, am I right?" he said, smirking.

I bit my lower lip and glared at him. He grinned at me triumphantly and laughed.

"But how long will this last?" I asked.

"Until we find a new replacement," he said as if it was the easiest thing to pull off. "Then we'll kill off your character in one crazy antic and you can go back to your old normal BORING life,"

"My life isn't boring," I muttered.

"Oh, yes, yes. It's not. I'm wrong," he said, sarcasm dripping from every word. "Oh! I'm Aimi Arista and I get adventure and fun from my dead boyfriend's plays! Because that's how outgoing I am,"

I frowned at his imitation of me. "I do NOT sound like that! Once again, Shakespeare is not my boyfriend,"

I stepped on his foot, putting dirt on his new $1000 sneakers, and walk away.

"Aw! Come on, Aimi! Don't be like that," he called. I scowled at him and started walking again.

"Anyway, I'll pick you up later at 5 for your makeover," Now, that caused me to stop in my tracks.

I turned around and said, "My Blonde-Famous-Best-Friend say what now?!"

-•-

So...what do you guys think? Leave your thoughts in your review and vote for this story! Thank you:>