Dance Teams

Dance Teams

I'm Chloe and I am a dancer at Re Dance Studio. At Re we have normal classes and then competition teams. As a matter of fact we have 3 competition teams depending on your skills (I personally think how much you pay impacts that too) Relive, Recycle, and Refresh. Of course I'm on the best one, Refresh. We pay big bucks to dance here, because Re is the best dance studio in America. Miss Angela is the Refresh team coach, and she owns Re. (The best coach, the best team) Currently, we are working on a winning number for this season. The dance style is contemporary and the song is called "Why". "Why" is all about questions and how no one can answer them, and the number is really erie because we have to act like the only word we know is why so no one could ever answer. The concept is a little confusing, but we have always won at every single competition. "Chloe, get your Panera finished so you can get in Studio Redance on time for the dance team showing," My mom said. I just have to finish this delicious mac and cheese! Haha, and the dance team showing is today! And this is just another opportunity for Refresh to prove we're the best. But I have to admit, being on any team is pretty, good, it's not like you are a nobody like those normal classes kids. They buy their dance clothes at Target, but everyone on the teams buys dance clothes from Lulu Lemon. I mean seriously, if you are going to dance or do anything in life, be the best at what you do because spending an extra million makes a world of difference. Refresh is a real team. All of us are friends on Refresh, and we all have the same thought about the others, and we all have the intention to make it clear that Refresh is the best. Allison, Madeline, Livi, Reagan, Elle, Lucy, Audrey, Emma, and me are all of the Re Studio leaders. Done with my Panera! I still have a couple minuets until the dance team showing, so I decided to call a Refresh team huddle in the Refresh Greenroom. "Ok girls, this season we are in it to win it. If Refresh really wants to be the best we have to act like the best, confidence is key, make sure every single dancer knows that you exist because you don't want to be a nobody. Dance like the best, if I, as team captain doesn't approve of your performance, you are not invited to the parties. Now, follow my expectations of you," I said to my team. I don't want to be mean, but in my Coco Chanel handbag I always keep a book called On Top and it always guides me though saying and acting how I should. Refresh walked in as a team, while others piled in Studio Redance without making a scene. "Welcome dancers, are you ready for the dance team showing!" , Miss Angela said excitedly. Studio Redance was where all the normal classes dance, I usually do not dance here unless we do DTS (dance team showings) but it is still a very nice studio. First up is Relive, their doing dance with no technique (it's jazz). Would it kill these girls to un-sickle their foot or spot when doing a single pirouette. Moving on with Recycle. Straighten your legs and point your toes, I learned these things when I was two! Now, it's Refresh's turn. I am the only one on stage at the beginning for my special part, the music starts to play. As I nailed every single step and every single turn, I knew that we did well. "The winner of today's DTS is Refresh!", Miss Angela announced. Okay now I have to sneak into Reflash and find my pictures from last years season on my break. I'm the first one out of Redance, and I make sure no one sees me going into Reflash. The bins of pictures go by last name, Fremont, ooo here is the Fremont bin.

Yes! I will take these to Refresh practice after, I want to be the only one prepared. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I do pageants when I'm not dancing, and you may recognize me from Toddlers & Tiaras. I exit Reflash very cautiously, and make it into Refresh studio on time (first one in actually). Then came my team. "You girls never disappoint me, what you did at the DTS was brilliant", Miss Angela said to us. "Chloe, this dance is for nationals you know, and it's up to you who will be dancing in it", Miss Angela said to me. I have to chose who will be dancing in the "Why" dance for nationals, because I'm captain. "Yes Miss Angela I am still evaluating", I said, but inside I could never choose, all of these girls are my friends but at the end of the day I am looking for the best. "Very good Chloe you have until Friday", Miss Angela made it clear. Today is Monday, so I have until this Friday. I think I can get this simple task done.