chapter eighteen

"THEA!" Sebastian exclaimed as he pulled open the door. Sebastian wasted no time throwing his arms around my waist and I laughed at the little boy. I wrapped my arms around him and grinned.

"It's good to see you too Sebastian." I laugh. He looked up at me with the most adorable grin and unwrapped his arms from around me and grabbed ahold of my hand and tugged me inside the house.

"Mommy! Mommy, look! Thea's here!" He exclaims pulling me along with him. We ended up in the kitchen where Evelyn was busily preparing dinner. She looked up from the chopping board and gave me a warm smile.

"Oh Thea, it's so good to see you dear. You look lovely as usual." Evelyn says and I smile at her.

"It's good to see you too Evelyn." I say, then proceeding to ask, "Do you need help with anything?"

"If you and Sebastian can make the salad for me, that would be great." She says and I nod my head.

I look down to Sebastian, "Come on bud, we've gotta go wash our hands." He leads me to the closest bathroom and we quickly wash our hands before heading back to the kitchen.

"I think this one looks like a horse." Sebastian states as he examines the piece of lettuce. I guess when Evelyn had told Sebastian and I to make dinner it meant I would make dinner and find a way to keep Sebastian occupied as well.

"I think you're very creative." I say as I glance over to the piece of lettuce he was examining.

"That's what all my teachers say." He says and I smile, he was just so adorable.

"Hey Thi." Max says as he saunters into the kitchen, he had a hoodie on along with his camera bag slung over his shoulder. A telltale sign that he had been out taking pictures again.

"Get any good shots?" I ask nodding over to his camera.

"A couple, but none that are really amazing." He says and I nod my head.

"Max, why don't you wash up and get your father. Dinner should be done soon." Evelyn says and Max nods his head. Soon enough we were all seated around the dinner table and Sebastian was rambling on about what he had done at school this week.

"Mommy? Will you volunteer for the field trip?" Sebastian asks Evelyn. Apparently his school was going to the zoo and needed volunteers, I saw the hopeful look in Sebastian's eyes.
"I don't think I can baby, I'm going to go visit Liv, remember?." Evelyn says. I see Sebastian frown a little before his head snapped towards Max and I.

"Max! Thea! Can you guys come volunteer for me?" Sebastian asks. I glance over at Max and he shrugs his shoulders.
"When is it again?" Max asks.

"In a few weeks." Sebastian replies.

"What day is it on?" I ask.

"A Wednesday." Sebastian answers.

"Well, Thi and I don't have classes on Wednesday." Max says and I nod.

"So, you guys will come?" Sebastian asks, bringing out his best puppy eyes. Damn, this kid is good.

"I guess, why not." I sigh and Sebastian lets out a triumphant cheer before jumping out of his seat and wrapping his arms around Max and I. I chuckle at his actions, he truly was too cute.

"So, Thea you're in Music Theory 101 with Mr. Anderson, correct?" Charles asks me.

"Yeah." I reply, it was the class in my schedule that I didn't want to take. The one my mother was forcing me to take.

"Well, we'll be informing students soon, but I just wanted to let you know that we had to let Mr. Anderson go and could not find a replacement for him. So, all of you guys who are in his classes will have to pick a new course to go into. Hopefully, by next semester we will have found a replacement so you guys can carry on with your studies." He tells me.