Unexpected

"I always said he didn't deserve you."

"Really?" I was confused.

"Yeah, ask anyone."

"I'll take your word for it." I said, smiling slightly.

"Why him?"

"I don't know. I did like him, but now I know. He's a selfish jerk, only cares about himself. I bet he started going out with me for some kind of attention, but I'm not as popular as everyone thinks I am."

"Really?"

"'Harry Potter's twin sister'. Boy, I'd hate to live that one down. Between you and me, I bet Hermione's gonna try and get in on it." I said sarcastically.

He laughed. I'd never heard it before. Normally it was a sneering laugh, or a bitter chuckle, but this was a real, heartfelt laugh like when your friend was being stupid, or someone just told you the lamest joke ever. It was kinda nice. I smiled with him.

"I like to come up here too. It's nice and peaceful, good place to think, get away from everything."

"What do you need to get away from?"

"My parents. My grades. Inquisitorial Squad..."

"I thought you liked it."

"Not anymore. It's boring. I don't sleep anymore cause I'm always on patrols. And I love to sleep."

I giggled. I didn't understand why he was being so nice to me. Him and Harry both hated each other with a passion, but here he was, talking to me and making me laugh like we'd been friends for years, just trying to make me feel better. I was so lost in thought, I almost hadn't heard him speak again.

"I've always admired you, ya know."

"Excuse me?"

"Come on. I mean, look at you. You're smart, and funny, and talented, with classes and your artwork, and you're beautiful and caring, and.."

"Wait, what?"

"What?"

"You think I'm beautiful?"

"Well, yeah, who wouldn't?"

I smiled softly at what he said and tried to suppress a blush. But I was quickly pulled back to reality.

"Did you know there's such a thing as being too nice to people?"

"What?" He looked confused.

"That's me. It makes me an easy target."

"What do you mean?"

"Bullying. Being lied to... Cheated on." I sighed. "I'm just one of those people who forgives someone as soon as they apologise to me."

"I've seen loads of people do that. Even when they've done the worst things. I bet Potter does that all the time."

"He's loyal. There's a difference." I snapped.

"Sorry."

"No, I am."

We sat in silence for a bit before Draco spoke again.

"It's late, you should probably go back to your dorm, get some sleep."

"Yeah. Yeah, ok." I looked at him again, like really looked. I knew he was handsome, but I'd never really seen it before. His platinum hair glittered slightly in the moonlight, and his blue-grey eyes were filled with so much sympathy and tenderness that I knew everything he said was sincere. "Thanks for staying up with me. You're a good guy, Draco."

Before I realised what I was doing, I leaned over and softly kissed him on the cheek. I got up and started walking back to Gryffindor tower.

"Goodnight, Georgia."

"Goodnight, Draco."