Christmas Break Pt. 1

⚡️⚡️⚡️
Chapter 10
✨3rdpovharry✨

The next few months were a blur of classes, (which were difficult but his memory and concentration seemed to be improving as the days progressed), dietary supplement potions that tasted so awful he had to chase them with pumpkin juice, visits from madam Pomfre and Dumbledore and the constant presence of his once nemesis. Draco had been keeping a somewhat annoyingly close watch out over him ever since their visit to Dumbledore's office towards the start of term. Now several months into the school year and into the would be pregnancy he could scarcely find time to breath without Malfoy or Hermione and Ron asking if he was alright. Initially he had intended upon keeping the pregnancy from his friends for as long as possible partly because it was in his nature to want to burden people as little as possible and partly because he was mortified over the whole ordeal. As sharp as his friends were, it was a mircle he was able to keep it from them until around a week before Christmas break.

One night after everyone had left to bed, Harry was scratching his forehead trying to recall how to transfigure a garden hose back into a python when his is two best friends trapped him alone in the common room and Hermione dumped out his book bag, which she evidently already knew the contents to. Along with his school books, bottles of pregnancy vitamins, empty supplement vials, and a copy of "A guide to wizard pregnancies", came toppling onto a coffee table. Harry who was almost four months pregnant and full to the brim with more hormones than Mrs. Weasley at a Gilderoy Lockheart book signing, began to cry. Hermione and Ron each took turns hugging him as he told them through sobs and hiccups about how Dumbledore was helping him and how he didn't know who the father was.

Apart from Ron, Hermione, Draco and the Hogwarts teachers, the school was oblivious to Harry's condition until after Christmas break. Harry had opted not to return to the burrow for Christmas despite receiving several owls from Mrs. Weasly that were so heartfelt they might've guilted the dark lord himself into squeezing around the large table in the burrow come Christmas. Mr. and Mrs. Weasly not to mention half the order of the phoenix would be in attendance, and while that meant being around people that loved and cared for him, it also meant being under a lot of perceptive scrutinizing eyes with a small baby bump starting to show beneath his robes. Hermione offered to stay at the castle with him, but being the marytr he was and having already prepared for a lonely Christmas, he polity told her she should spend it with her family.

And so it was that Harry pressed his lips together tightly in a smile for his friend's sake as he waved them off and prepared for two weeks of a very empty castle.

-

Harry had napped the majority of the first day of winter break away, idly reading in his bed when he awoke, disregarding meals (drinking the terrible potions instead) and generally enjoying the lack of obligation he felt. So when he walked into the great hall for dinner to find the Sytherin Prince and his longtime rival sitting at the empty Gryffindor table, one hand keeping his place at the end of a large book he was reading and the other spooning tomato soup into his mouth, he pulled back the sleeve of his robed and pinched himself, hard.

But he wasn't dreaming. Draco Malfoy was sitting at the Gryffindor table, evidently waiting for him. It had become a usual occurance for Draco to follow him around and they were something like friends... if you counted Draco being insulting and Harry kind of enjoying it friends that is.

"Are you just going to stand there looking lost or are you going to sit down?" Draco asked, not looking up from the book he was reading. Harry cleared his throat awkwardly and made a move towards the table sitting down a few inches from Draco.