First Log, continued

Ship Log Supplemental

TRANSCRIPT

Surveillance record

Hangar Bay

Date: xx/xx/25701

Bay doors open. Commencing green light to deck 71. Orbiter 32 enter standard docking sequence, autopilot. ISSUES: none.

Dock complete.

Orbiter 32 exit ramp lowered. Pilot descending. System recognizes ASHRA.

Other organic matter exiting craft.

ALERT

Status: Unknown

Designation: bipedal vertebrate

Boarding permissions: FALSE

Threat: unknown

ALERT?

ERROR

Warning system deactivated or faulty.

ALERT?

FALSE

=Ship Log Continuation=

I don't remember the first time I came onto this ship. It was too overwhelming to remember, I guess. I knew what my eyes were seeing, but my ears could make no sense of the noises I heard, and my eyes without my ears leaves me useless. I remember stumbling after Ashra out of his flying metal ball and into a gigantic, cavernous place made entirely of metal. Everything hummed, including in my vision. I couldn't make out anything. I remember losing my footing at some point when we were halfway to what I guess was the wall of the hangar bay? I'm not sure where, but we were in the bay, somewhere.

So I fell and rolled to the edge of our dock, or somewhere, my head hanging in the open air, and I looked down. The doors span the entire base of the bay. They muse must have still been open because the world was below, but so vague that I could only recognize it peripherally. It was round, inexplicably. I remember thinking, was that large green patch the Great Wood? Surely not. No, it couldn't be. I had to be dreaming. I thought, it was so far away, it could only be a painting. A dream painting, that's what it was.

The metal beneath me was vibrating so hard I thought it would stop my heart. My ears rang.

That's all I remember.

No, not all.

I remember Ashra helped me up, I think? We walked out, but I don't remember through which doors. It must have been Entrance 6 because of where we ended up—but, no. That can't be right. Entrance 6 leads to the housing sector, but we went through Sector F first. I'm sure of it. Entrance 4 leads to Sector F. Alright. I have no recollection of anything besides focusing on placing one foot in front of the other, but when I started to make sense of my surroundings, we were in Sector F.

The natural—ha, "natural"—the ship's natural vibrations aren't as heightened in Sector F, so I was able to look around the dimly lit place without losing my equilibrium.

Sector F is a collection of large rooms, each perhaps a couple square acres and a few storeys in height. Glass pods big enough to hold a person are lined in four rows across the room, all docked in a long metal shelf.

It's weird to remember things this way and realize things I missed. It's honestly a bit upsetting. I wish Ashra was here. 

I had no idea what Sector F was. I stared into the murky depths of the glass pods we passed, hair on the back on my neck raising. I couldn't see anything inside them, but I felt them. I hated it there. I still hate it there.