A Chance Encounter

This morning feels different and I don't know why. It feels calm. And that's not normal for me. I decided to leave my hair down today. Shit why not?? I always wrap it up. No make up, no extra colors, just all white and a clear face today. It felt chill so why not be chill. My phone blared T pain and I knew that was Kismet. We always call each other as sisters. Even though she in another state I still look out for her. That's my sister. She ain't going no where. "Can I help you?" "Yep." "What's Good?" "Graduation, that's what's good." "Whaaaaaat??? You tellin me my sis is actually smart?" "Don't play with me." "He he, ok ok congrats sis I'm very proud of you." "Thank you. But it would make my day if you were here for my graduation party. That would be nice." "Kismet, you know good and well I'm in Philly how the hell imma get there with no money??" "So there is no way you can be here for me??" "I really don't know sis." Kismet sighed and flared her nose. I know because we all do that when we don't get our way. "If there's a will, there's a way right?" "Yes that is true." "Just promise me you'll at least try?" "I promise Ki I promise." "Ok, love you girl." "Love you to." I heard the dial tone and I brushed my hair. I really do want to see her smiling cause she made it, but I gotta get this money. She know what's up. I pet Cookie for a moment then I walked out ready for the beginning of something unexpected.

On the way to the cafe I never had so many stares in my life. Normally they smile but they never really take a glance. But boy were they glancing. " Let me get a Bannana Muffin and French Vanilla." "Excuse me? But I have to be blunt. You are beautiful. " I blushed at his compliment. "Thank You."  "You have a name?" "I'm sure we all do. Mines is Ya Ya." "That's nice but your real name would be better." " Yashira. Yashira Nefertiti." "Yashira." Oh my that voice. Mm mm mm. His eyes. The most mysterious shade of black. It just pulls you in. I can get lost in them. "Miss?" "Huh? Oh, I apologize." "No Problem." "It was nice seeing you Yashira." Oooh Lawd. "  Here's my card, call me whenever you need assistance with anything." Anything? Mm. "Yes Anything." "What? I didn't say that out loud." "Mm hmm." I blinked in confusion as he walked out in silence. "Girl, that man is fine as wine. But be careful of him now, I hear some stories about the brother." "Like what??" "He .... He is different from us folks." Well we all different. By whatever does she mean?? "I'll keep that in mind."