Boo boo's in a bad mood

"Does that happen all the time?" Mando asked as we stopped at the foot of his ramp.

     "Yup," I nodded. "I can't explain why people find my ship so exciting, it's just a ship. But it's also why I end up losing parts, they take them for souvenirs and those parts can't be found to replace them." I crossed my arms as I looked over at Dulkin who had started doing his work moving pieces of huge metal over to the sides of the building. "We're always having to force other parts to fit which tend to break down over time." I looked back at him "He was right about all of them being destroyed during the war, it was pretty bad." I heard a soft whimper off to my left and looked over at Land who was fake crying and sniffling. I grinned at her. "Her's included." I told him.

     "Mine had a sunroof." She whimpered as she grabbed her chest over exaggerating her movements as though she were in serious pain. I shook my head at her and deeply sighed.

     "Even mine was destroyed and I didn't have a sunroof." I added as I looked at Lane who whimpered again and grabbed her chest fake crying and wiping away a fake tear, I shook my head at her. "Anyway, it took Rassen nearly three years to rebuild it, he scavenging for parts, repurposing some to fit correctly, we dug through heaps of junk piles. Lane and I even became scrap dealers in the Gillium system hauling in old junk ships in for fast cash. But he managed to do it."

     "Hey now, I did help." Lane pointed out, I looked at her once again.

     "You want a cookie?" I asked as a sarcastic way of saying 'So what? Big deal.'

     "I do actually." She grinned and stood up to head inside the ship as she winked at me before going in. I cleared my throat as I looked back at Mando who I could only assume was either smiling at us, or thinking we were crazy, either way he was right. I headed up the ramp of his ship with him following behind.

     "That's why we have the problems we do when it comes to people taking things off the ship." I finished that bit of information for him, not really knowing if it mattered or not. But it was conversation and a brief explanation as to why I was so picky about my ship. I was sure he had to be the same way, ships were like homes that flew through the stars and they needed to be protected, without a ship you had nothing. I looked at Rassen as he was taking a panel off. Mando had left my side and was looking over his ship. Pressing buttons, but finding nothing was working. He headed up the ladder and into the control room. I looked over at Rassen. "How's it going?" I asked watching him.

     "How do you think it's going?" He answered flustered. Every time he touched a wire with a small box that had a long cord and a steel end and found that it wasn't registering for him, he'd reach in and yank the set of wires out and dropped them on the ground. "All these wires have to be replace, this whole side of the ship is dead. I haven't even checked the other side yet." He motioned with his hand as he talked. Mando had come back down and was standing next to me as he watched Rassen as well. "Good news is, the control room wasn't as bad, only a few toggles will need to be replaced. They must have shot the back of the ship, so all of this is going to take at least two days, I hope you're not in a hurry." He glanced at Mando then took a deep sigh, testing another set of wires finding them dead and yanked them out. "So what where you talking about, is someone taking something off the ship again?" he asked looking carefully inside, wiggling a couple more of the wires and then pulling them out, sniffed them and dropped them on the floor in front of him.

     "No, no one's taking anything...at least not yet." I answered.

     "Wait, what?" he asked looking at me.

     "One of the bay workers is getting overly excited about the ship, he knows the model and he knows about NED." I told him. He stood up and went toward the hatch.