Prologue

(August '71)

(August '71)

━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐃𝐄. The beautiful blue sky was now replaced with dark grey clouds covering the horizon. A storm was definitely brewing. Every so often a crack of lightning could be seen a few miles away. Regardless of her mother's pleas to not wander down the country lanes alone during a storm. Joanna didn't care, she knew her mother was being overprotective once again. But how could she blame someone who's brother was brutally murdered by an unnamed person.

Ever since she had gotten her letter claiming that she would be attending Hogwarts in September. The very thought of leaving home gave her some form of excitement. For as long as she could remember the idea of going to a school for people like her was the only thing she could think about. Yet a bad feeling was beginning to settle in her. After all, she would have to say goodbye to her father.

Joanna's father was a muggle man, who had won the heart of her mother, Claudia all those years ago. It was a strange encounter, to say the least. Although they were both extremely young nothing could change the love they felt for each other. Even if he was a muggle and she was a witch.

Over the course of the walk, she had passed several bins, rubbish spilling out with different crisp packets along with booze on the pavement. Although she lived in a secluded village - these muggle teenagers could still throw a good party. But she knew where she was heading. Straight to the oak tree just a few minutes down the road from the village green.

Crawling through a hole at the bottom of a hedge Joanna was finally where she needed to be. The beautiful oak tree overlooked a field with summer flowers growing everywhere. Despite all its natural beauty, this was also the resting place of her late uncle Michael.

A group of muggles searched day and night for him, even venturing out to neighbouring villages. Everyone feared the worse including Joanna's mum who sat up in her bedroom hoping he would come back home. Despite all the turmoil and pain, his mother and father never stopped looking. Until a dog walker found his body one night in a shallow stream. What was off about his murder was how no one seemed to care. Muggle or Wizard. Some saw it as a tragic accident others claimed that he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Walking through a sea of lavender, she finally reached his grave. It was certainly a very peaceful place to rest. For several months now, Joanna had made the journey down to where her uncle rested. Not wanting his memory to be lost forever. She expressed a lot of regrets for not being able to meet him properly - especially when her mother would speak so fondly of him. Claudia would claim how her older brother was once "a strong and powerful wizard, who adored his family" even if it meant protecting them to the last second.