Chapter Two

━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, Joanna found herself feeling more relaxed. Especially in the company of her new friends. But she couldn't stop thinking about Remus's scars slashed across his face. Still, it wasn't her business to call him out for making up stories to cover up the truth. In time she would find out what actually happened. Just not yet.

"So Joanna what house do you think you'll be sorted into?"  Katherine asked whilst gently stroking Iris who was lying across the seat looking for attention. Belly rubs were her favourite of course.

"Oh uh...my mum sort of has a bet on Gryffindor or Ravenclaw," Joanna told the two of them. "But I don't really want to be in Ravenclaw"

"Did something happen maybe is that it?" Katherine questioned.

For a second Joanna began contemplating what sort of answer to give Remus and Katherine. She could have told them the story of her Uncle Micheal and how he deviated away from tradition. But she wasn't about to burden them with boring family history. No one wanted that.

"Let's just say I want to prove myself to my mum" Joanna replied with a small smile.

"Do you not get along with her?" Remus interrupted, peering over his muggle book on animal studies.

Joanna's relationship with her mother was so very complicated. Yet she still loved her regardless of all the petty arguments they would have about meaningless things.

"No, of course I do"

"Families can be difficult, take it from the person who had to grow up with two older brothers!" Katherine exclaimed as she almost fell off the seat.  "They told me a story of all the terrifying ghosts lurking around the castle "

"GHOSTS!?" Joanna and Remus said together looking absolutely horrified.

"Come on we all know ghosts are completely harmless ... compared to other beasts"

While Joanna would usually find conversations about mythical creatures rather intriguing, she found herself distracted by something else. Turning her head to the large window right by the compartment door, there were two young boys pulling ridiculous faces. Both of them seemed to think they were so hilarious. Couldn't boys just stop acting like a bunch of two-year-olds for once.

"Wait why are those boys pulling funny faces?" Joanna asked curiously, "Do you two know them?"

"Just ignore them they're just a bunch of idiots" she rolled her eyes "All they want is attention"

The period of time where the boys were acting rather stupid, Remus could feel his throat beginning to tighten out of pure fear. He wondered if they were laughing and mocking the scars across his face. Or had they managed to figure out his dark secret? Ever since he became a werewolf nothing was ever the same. Not to mention all the stress placed on his poor parents each month. Never had he felt more guilty for something in his whole life.

"Remus are you alright?" Joanna whispered as she attempted to shake the boy out of his brief daze. Something was definitely bothering him.