↳ Before You Read

DON'T SKIP THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE!! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!

I felt the need to write this chapter as a reminder that CGLRE is not the same thing as DDLG/MDLB/etc. CGLRE is a purely non-sexual and non-power-exchanging relationship whereas DDLG is always a power exchange relationship and sometimes sexual. I am in no way saying that it's bad, there's nothing wrong with ageplay, kink, or BDSM when every party is a consenting adult. However, I will say that there is a difference between the two kinds of relationships, and I am here to tell you what they are.

| CGLRE
As I stated above, CGLRE is a non-sexual and non-power-exchange relationship. It stands for Caregiver and Little Regression and is a term coined by those whose regression is generally used as a coping mechanism.

In CGLRE, not every caregiver is in a romantic relationship with the regressor. Sometimes, the caregiver is a really close friend or even a platonic partner, but that doesn't make them any less valid as a caregiver! Also, not all caregivers are Mommies or Daddies, they can be Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles, or whatever the regressor feels comfortable calling their caregiver! It just depends on what the regressor feels about their caregiver and the kind of relationship that they have with each other.

Note: People also use AGERE (age regression) as a general term for their regression being purely used as a coping mechanism. I also know a lot of people in this community tend to use the word 'tiny' or 'small' when referring to their headspace rather than 'little' because the term little tends to be associated with the ageplay community. Little is also a term that was stolen from system littles so (if you haven't already noticed), from this chapter forward, I'm going to stop using it when I refer to regression.

Are there other acronyms for this
kind of relationship?

Yes, there are! The most commonly used acronyms are CGLRE and AGERE, but there are other acronyms, like: CGxL, CGxLG, CGxLB, DxL, DxLG, DxLB, MxL, MxLG, MxLB, and others. The 'x' and dropping the 'D' that stands for 'dom' is what differentiates these acronyms from others that are used in the BDSM community.

| DDLG/MDLB/ETC.
DDLG and every other similar acronym you can name are BDSM relationships. The main difference between CGLRE and DDLG is that DDLG is a power exchange relationship where the sub (little) willingly gives away their control to their dom (caregiver). This means that the dom decides the kinds of things that are best for their sub even when they're not regressing/ageplaying (obviously they still talk to each other about boundaries, you still have to respect them in a power exchange relationship). This is also where you'll see more ageplay rather than regression, but that doesn't mean that regression doesn't exist in these kinds of relationships! People can regress and still have a non-sexual power exchange relationship, or they can regress and still have a sexual power exchange relationship. Either way, regression does sometimes exist, it just depends on if the sub can regress or not.

| EXTRA SECTION - SWITCHES
As some people may know, switches also exist in both of these relationships. All it means to be a switch is that you feel comfortable being both tiny and a caregiver, it's as simple as that.

| EXTRA EXTRA SECTION - POLYAMORY
Polyamory also exists in these relationships as it will in any other form of relationship. Some regressors will have more than one caregiver, and some caregivers will have more than one regressor, and other times it's more like a "family" with multiple regressors and multiple caregivers in the same relationship. All of it is okay and completely normal, and it isn't any less valid than a monogamous relationship! As long as everyone consents to it and communicates well, I don't see anything wrong with it and you shouldn't either.

| EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SECTION - AGEDRE
For those of you who don't know, there is a thing called AGEDRE or age dreaming/dreamers! They're different from regressors as their headspace doesn't fall under the standards of what age regression is, or they feel more comfortable identifying with the term. Age dreamers are a range of people from those who regress for fun, those who are "ageplayers" who don't identify with ageplay as they're non-sexual and non-kink, those who like the idea or the feeling of being small but can't regress (like me!), and even those who feel like their headspace is similar to regression but it isn't accepted as such. Pretty much anyone can be an age dreamer as long as they do no harm to themself or others while doing so.

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

Anyway, that's all I really have to say about this topic. If there's anything else you're wondering about, you can ask me (only if you're comfortable asking me) or use the internet to search up the question (I recommend tumblr, YouTube, and other Wattpad books as other sites tend to confuse CGLRE and DDLG, but if you can't find your answer on those three sites then please be careful while searching for it!) If any of the information I gave to you in this chapter seems wrong, please let me know!!! I don't want to accidentally be giving people false information on this subject. If anyone has any other input, don't be afraid to share it! I just want to help others to get a better understanding of this :)

- Fawn

P.S. Please don't add this story to a DDLB reading list because as we learned in this chapter, this story is not DDLB and I don't want this story to be associated as such.