Chapter 1: Life

•••••Present•••••

Aurora's POV,

Today I'm gonna spend the day with Emma. She's such as nice girl. Reminds me of me sometimes. Very stubborn. Her boyfriend Neal on the other hand looks really familiar but I can't seem to place him somewhere. His eyes remind me of someone. Someone I would wish to have in my arms right now. I think it's coincidence, Rumpel would never leave his child or abandon him. I feel a connection with Neal, not a relationship connection of course, think of it as a brotherly connection. Something relatives have.

We're stealing partners, well... I'm sorta undercover. I'm actually really rich and a FBI agent but they don't know that. They're my friends, I wouldn't arrest them although I should. I have my own car so I don't have to ride with them.

I met them in a bar in Phoenix. I was sent there to arrest them but decided against it since they were pretty poor. They didn't have a lot of money plus Emma was going to be a mother.

I bought them some drinks and we became friends. I still have my magic although I shouldn't have my magic in the real world. And one day they are gonna notice that I don't age, I think Neal already has.

So the plan is that Neal is going to talk to the boss of a shop and Emma and I are going to steal as much as we can.

•••••Past•••••

I can't believe Rumpel and Malcolm left me. They said they would be back with the bean but instead they left. So I went to live with my two family friends, the ones who gave me the bean. I want to kill them so much for tearing our family apart yet I don't 'cause I'm not a killer.

The next day I woke up with a feeling something was different. I walked to a mirror and was shocked at what I saw. In the mirror I saw a girl with long brown wavy hair staring back at me with some sort of powerful aura. The golden aura surrounded the girl in the mirror. Then I realized the girl in the mirror was me. What the hell happened?

I went downstairs only to see my two family friends and Rumpel hugging. Before I could think I ran to Rumpel and hugged me tightly.

"W-Who are you?" Rumpel stuttered as I realized he didn't know it was me.

"It's me. Aurora." I explained

"Y-You're just like papa now. A teenager." Rumpel stuttered.

"How? I don't even know what happened. Where were you actually? I was worried sick!"

"We were in another world. It was beautiful and perfect until papa traded me for youth and I guess your youth too." Rumpel said.

"R-Really? So he just abandoned you. Just like that?" I asked him in disbelief.

"Yes." Rumpel cried out onto my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Rumpel. You know I'll take care of you right? I love you." I said kissing his forehead.

"I love you too. You know you're actually really pretty as a teenager." Rumpel said as I chuckled.

"I had boys falling down on their knees but I wasn't interested in anyone of them. Come on, to bed, you must be tired." I said gently as I lifted him up with ease and carried him all the way to my bed. I laid him down and kissed him on the forehead again. He yawned once and rolled over, fast asleep.

"You're so damn adorable." I said to him although he was already asleep.

I went downstairs and grasped my bag and jacket.

"Girls! I'm going to work, can you girls babysit Rumpel for me?"

"Yes, of course Aurora." One of the said. They heard half of the conversation with Rumpel and me so they knew it was me.

"Thanks girls! Be back in a bit!" I said walking outside.

I walked towards the bar I am working at only to be met by a huge fire. The whole building was on fire!

I noticed a little boy upstairs in a room. Nobody seemed to notice and I began to panic. I went into the building on fire and went upstairs where the boy should have been but the room was empty. What was going on here? I tried screaming 'boy' to him but he never came out or I never saw him. It was like he never existed. That it was just an illusion.

All my questions were answered as I saw a shadow flying towards me. It somehow copied a dead body. My dead body, well if I would be dead. The shadow picked me up suddenly and carried me through a back window. I tried to fight back but he just wouldn't let go plus he is a shadow. I even tried to use magic but the shadow just reflected it like it was nothing.

After a few minutes he finally set me down on the ground in the middle of nowhere.

"You have two choices Aurora. You'll go to another world or I will kill Rumpel. You can also chose to come with me to your brother. That is the price of youth although you didn't cause this your brother made a deal about your youth " The shadow said.

"I-I'll go to another world but please don't hurt Rumpel. Also you can tell Malcolm I am very disappointed in him. Can I at least say goodbye to Rumpel?" I begged him.

"No, everyone thinks your dead now so let's keep it that way. Now go or else..." The shadow threatened.

I started to make a portal with my magic and thought about the only place without magic...

The human world.

•••••Present•••••

I've lived here in the human world now for over 50 years. Every once in a while I needed a fake ID card but that's it. I've got money, friends and my life couldn't just be more perfect. Until one day Neal and I had a huge discussion about my magic and youth.

"Aurora. Do you believe in magic?" Neal asked suddenly as Neal and I were alone in his room. Don't take this the wrong way. We were just chatting. I froze and looked at him wide-eyed.

"Yes, I'm guessing you do too?" I asked suspiciously.

"Uhuh. But more importantly, do you have magic?" Neal asked.

"Yes, Even in the human world I have. Also I'm doomed not to age. Magic destroyed my family." I said with a sad face as I thought about the memories.

"Mine too." He said with a sad face.

"Wait. So you're from the Enchanted Forest? Who's your father by the way? You look familiar."

"Rumpelstilskin and yes I'm from the Enchanted Forest. Just how old are you exactly?"

"R-Rumpel?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm guessing you heard from him and I'm guessing it's something bad?" Neal asked ashamed of his father.

"No of course not. Why would I think bad of Rumpel? He was such a sweet kid. I'm around the age of... 100? I think. I don't really keep track of time here." I said making his jaw drop slightly.

"How do you know my father?" Neal asked.

"I'm his aunt, which makes you my grand-nephew. I was forced to leave him when he was a kid all because of his father, my brother. He abandoned him for youth and forced me to do too otherwise he would sent someone to kill Rumpel. Now tell me... How is Rumpel?" I asked.

"Not good. He became the dark one and chose power over me. He's still trying to find me but with no success luckily. I guess it's in the family."

"That's where you're wrong. Rumpel is at least trying to find you. My brother didn't."

"At least I have a grand-aunt now who is like me. Hating magic and all."

"Listen. I have to make a fake ID again because of the age difference so what do you say, brother?" I asked him.

"I think Aurora Cassidy really suits you." Neal said in response.