The Star

3:40 PM, Local Time

Rome, Italy

Embassy of the United States

June, 2018

Marvel flinched as Genji landed a back kick to his stomach. He had a feeling Genji was going for the stomach but he didn't expect it this early. Marvel moved around the ring, keeping his steady pace. For the past two minutes, he was unable to land a proper hit on Genji. It was almost as if he could read his next move. Marvel wanted to test his luck again after his disastrous first time sparring with Genji, almost embarrassing himself in front of his team. He had experience with MMA training in between his time at the Air Force. He wanted to be better. He wanted to be perfect.

Wiping the sweat off his forehead with his arm, Marvel went for swift hooks left and right rapidly. Genji covered his face against most of his hits and backed away quickly. Approaching him, Marvel lifted his leg for a roundhouse kick which Genji blocked quickly. Marvel then went for a spinning kick aiming for the head but Genji ducked under. Marvel didn't react in time to block not just one but two of Genji's kicks to his torso with the last being a back kick. It was inhumanly rapid that Marvel wished he had that too. Marvel clutched his stomach, enduring another one of Genji's attacks.

But it was way earlier than he had expected. Genji moved forward and delivered what he perceived was a tornado kick. The impact on his face made Marvel stumble onto the ground. He quickly recovered and moved away, punching the mat and cursing under his breath.

They continued to trade punches with Genji blocking most of them, almost reaching the three-minute mark by ten seconds. At that rate, he was starting to feel tired. Marvel stepped forward and swung a cross at Genji, only for him to push the punch away and wrap his arm over his. Then Genji turned his back against him and Marvel felt his feet lift off the ground. In just one motion, he found himself thrown to the mat with a hard thud. He had lost all of his energy to get up. All of his limbs went limp onto the mat and his heartbeat was twice his usual like it was about to burst open. Marvel sulked. He blew it. What would his young counterpart say? Genji appeared in his view and bent down, reaching a hand out for him.

"You overused your strength," He said. "This'll leave you vulnerable and open to your enemy's attacks. Use your mind, not your body."

Since when did he become my personal trainer? Marvel thought. He glared at his hand for a brief moment. Wiping his mouth, Marvel rejected Genji's hand and pulled himself up while gritting his teeth from the pain. He glanced at Genji while holding his stomach.

"Thanks. You fight well."

It came out dry and nasally. Genji didn't respond as long as he said something grateful enough, it'll do. Stepping out of the ring, he snatched his bottle and towel off the floor. Marvel noticed McCree and his Mexican hacker friend outside the ring, watching him leave. Both of them are either unamused or pitiful. Marvel looked away and went back to the punching bags.

3 Days Later

11:35 PM, Local Time

Busan, South Korea

After cleaning herself up, Hana Song walked out of the bathroom while tying up her hair. It was almost midnight and she still didn't feel like sleeping which Hana thought was both a good and bad thing. The press conference that afternoon wore most of her team out with most of the questions by journalists being boring and mundane. She already prepared herself for bed wearing a t-shirt and shorts.