Tainted Justice

04:50 AM, Local Time

Jakarta, Indonesia

August, 2018

Everything around him felt warm, his body embracing the hot smoke trapped inside with him. The darkness around him began to light up as his eyes slowly opened and found himself upside-down. Constable Fauzi Wijaya was surprised that he was still alive even after getting their patrol vehicle t-boned by a truck that caught them from the side after leaving from a secret meeting, pushing them off the dirt road. He doesn't know where they landed but he could feel the humid dirt's odour wafting towards him.

Looking around, Wijaya felt something warm streaming down his face and saw red slipping off his face. His legs were trapped below and the seatbelt was stuck. Wijaya then spat out blood and coughed, almost choking himself on it.

He glanced at his side where his partner Nonk was, only to find him with blood streaming down his face, eyes bloodshot red and body riddled with broken glass. He was in an unlucky spot. Wijaya knew he would be joining Nonk if he doesn't get out now. Reaching for the seatbelt with his aching arms, Wijaya tried to break the seatbelt off. The burning sensation of his fingers flowed as he tried to pull the seat belt off. Suddenly, the seat belt lock ripped off and Wijaya fell onto the surface, landing on the miniature glass shards. His sleeves ripped into the glass as Wijaya gritted his teeth to endure the pain.

Finally crawling himself out of the broken window, Wijaya gripped onto the ground tightly as he crawled over the puddle mixed with dirt and waste. Half of his vision was blocked out by the blood from his head. Wijaya did his best to ignore the unending pain as he crawled through the wreckage and the hidden glass among the ground while facing the darkness. His legs felt like paper. He couldn't move an inch of his foot. As Wijaya looked up slowly to at least see the moon, he froze.

In front of Wijaya and above the road, a figure walked down the ditch with the headlights of the truck illuminating behind him. Then Wijaya noticed a gun lying on the ground near him and desperately tried to reach for it, ignoring the steps closing in. His strained grunts echoed the eerie silence as the steps got louder. Heart pounding with the mindset of a tortured victim. Just as he reached it, Wijaya noticed black boots in front of him before a gloved hand reached down to yank the revolver off him. Looking up, Wijaya got a clearer look of the figure. Black mask and cap. It was the assailant, preparing to tie up loose ends. And there was no doubt it was the Four Arms' doing.

"Anda bajingan! (You bastards!)" Wijaya cursed as the assailant checked the gun. "Saya tahu kami seharusnya tidak mempercayai anda anjing jalanan sejak awal! (I knew we shouldn't have trusted you street dogs in the first place!)"

Suddenly, blood coughed out of his mouth as Wijaya helplessly tried to pull himself up with his bleeding arms. The masked assailant finished checking the revolver and looked back at Wijaya, eyes filled with little awareness of what he said.

「大丈夫。彼らは遅かれ早かれあなたに加わるでしょう。」

Wijaya stared at the masked assailant in silence. He wasn't speaking Indonesian.

"Jepang? (Japanese?)" He muttered.

Just as Wijaya said his words, the masked assailant aimed the gun in front of his eyes and everything went black to the loud crack of the gun.

24 Hours Earlier

Central Jakarta, Indonesia

Embassy of the United States

July, 2018

The elevator made its stop at the eighth floor of the Embassy. After the doors opened, Genji followed Lacroix and McCree out and down the hallway. They were all called in for a new operation a month later after their operation in Russia eliminating the remaining ISIS group. There, Genji had some time to train himself and chat with Angela and check up on her progress in practicing self-defence with her friend Fareeha from Helix Securities.