Chapter Two - What's With The Pineapples?

Opening Speech

Here is where the second part of my story begins. I like to note that my looniness doesn't really come into play that much durring the story, before all this happened I was a loner, I didn't like people, no one really liked me. Now I can stand on a stage and people will scream my name, I don't mean that sexually or with anger built up, but with excitement. Sorry was I being immature there? Or was I being mature. Damn classifications. 

So now, my second part begins the next day, the day after my first part, but really it is chapter two and you know two comes after one so you can assume that its the next day because the next day happens after the first, but unless I wanted to be one of those confusing authors that make the days skip like one chapter could be chapter one Monday day 12 but then the next day could be Monday day 30. I'm not going to be like that, and if I do skip some days I apologize, I'll make sure I put, hehe I said put, the date above the chapter like the good magician I am. Wait am I a magician? Or is this the Twilight Zone? I'm sorry if that phrase was copyrighted, I have no qualms about stealing a line from someone else, but please warn me if you're going to sue me, I want to be able to run into the court house, strip off my clothes and run around nakedly and grind against the judge. What? If I'm going to jail it's going to be for a very good reason. 

December 16th 2014

Did I forget the comma after the date again? Oh well. Today was a wild day my friends. I was back at Supreme-Mart and the hag was staring at me. She smiled at me with one eye closed. "You're still  doing everything wrong, you're not supposed to be wearing that laynard. It's against policy." 

I just looked at her. "No it isn't, you're not supposed to be that old, its against policy." 

She looked scared. "Is that a new policy." She mumbled to herself. She pulled out her handbook and read through it from cover to cover. As I leaned there and watched her. "Its not in here" She mumbled to herself, and kept flipping through the pages. She got shared and tossed the employee manual over and across the aisle.

"You're going to be fired" I said with snarl. Then, no I didn't want her to be fired that way. So I said. "I'm only joking" She looked at me with an evil glare. Then went back to her policy book. I laid back against the case of cigarettes and wondered what else I could do with this power. The power that could only be classified as impressive. I didn't know what I could and couldn't do, if there was a rule book, or a book of rules. If I could say I will have sex the next day and have sex with a pretty hot looking girl the next coming day. I didn't know what to do, and the potato salesman didn't give me a manual, so I was stuck in-between a rock and a hard place. Haha hard place. 

So I figured that I'd try to see what my pockets held. I knew they were empty but. "My pockets has over twenty dollars in them." I reached into my pockets. Nothing was in there, maybe over twenty was too broad. "My pockets has twenty bucks in it." I reached into my pockets, still empty. Maybe still to broad. Twenty bucks could mean twenty one dollar bills, ten one dollar bills and a ten dollar bill, two fives and a ten, two tens. "My pocket has three one dollar bills, a two dollar bill, a five dollar bill, and a ten dollar bill." I reached in my pocket, there was money there. There was three one dollar bills, a five dollar bill and a ten dollar bill, but no two dollar bill, maybe because there was not enough in circulation. I decided that it can't be too broad or too specific, per-say. It can't be something that a lot of people doesn't have. So, no two dollar bills. 

I stuffed the new amount of money in my pocket and wondered if the gain of money in my pocket decreased the amount of money in another person's pockets. Like when you know you have two twentys and a ten (thats thirty dollars I think) in your pocket and you somehow end up missing a twenty of that money (WAIT! That's fifty dollars). I shrugged, I'm not much of a thinker so I don't care about that stuff I just brought up. "That's why you should care" a voice said. The potato salesman walked up to me, he looked different, he had shorter hair and he had bags under his eyes. "How's my potato?" He asked as he leaned over the counter and stared at the cigarettes. 

"I'm pretty sure its growing an eye" I said and the salesman laughed. "Well it is" 

"That's good" the salesman said with a gleam in his eye, a kind of twinkle. I looked away and back at my cigarette rack, it was still cigarettes, I turned back and the salesman was gone. I looked around, he just dissappered. I scratched my head. Then he popped up from below. "Sorry, I was tying my shoes." He laughed. "I forgot to give you this yesterday." He said and handed me a book. The cover read, Truth Book Manual Manual. "This is a book that tells you the rules of the truth book. Oh and can I have my money back?" 

"Huh?" I asked. 

"Yes, you stole my money, my eighteen dollars right out of my pocket. You need to becareful what you say. Your words now hold complete truths, you call someone ugly, hell they'd trun that way. You tell someone they smell like garbage, hey now they really do smell like garbage. You can make or break a world." The guy said. "That's why I gave you my powers. I hated them. I had them ever since I was your age, you're nineteen right?" 

"Yep" I really was nineteen. 

"Okay, when I was nineteen, I worked here at Oliver's General Market, yes this place used to be just a general market. Their most sold item was Pineapples, there was a secret well underneath the market. It held mystical powers. Well, the floor was very weak and I fell through the floor and into the well. It gave me the powers you know have. I had a broken leg and arm. But when someone looked down and asked if I was okay, I sarcasitcally said, 'of course I'm okay, no broken bones down here' and then poof no broken bones." He smiled. "I loved that power, but it made me crave pineapples." 

"So thats why every other thing I say is true is about Pineapples?" 

"Yes, thats why when you told that guy in the gas station that he didn't want cigarettes, that why your mind decided to choose pineapples. It's crazy, and you can beat it but if I was you I would, it'll tare your brain apart. It will literally drive you insane." 

"Like Deadpool?" 

"Who the hell is Deadpool?" 

"Nevermind." I said and looked down at the ground. Who was Deadpool but an evil mercenary from a comic. An awesome mercenary. 

The potato salesman looked at me and shook his head. "You have problems dude." He said and walked away. I was still holding the truth book. I figured I'd read it later. I laid the book down and then a potato flew through the air and nailed the wall behind me. I jerked my head up. "Read the darn book." the salesman said and smiled at me, then he left. Oddly enough, each time the salesman came in the old hag beside me never even noticed him. Or was she just growing senial. I was surprised she was senial already. I smiled up at the celiling, then another potato flew through the hair and nailed me in the neck. It was painful. "Read." The salesman said and then walked out of the store.