v. 「 before dawn 」

❝  Right before the dawn, you quickly went away from here... ❞

The sound of Minori's fingers typing with accurate speed caught Itaru's attention. It was around 8 PM in the evening, the two of them have been left to their own devices as they sat next to each other on the couch. While Minori's eyes remained glued to the screen of her laptop, Itaru focused his Fuschia eyes on her. 

He then shifted a bit to look at the site on her browser, which just so happened to be the same site Banri's laptop was on the earlier afternoon. It was the website of Veludo Arts University, the same college that Kazunari was attending to. The aforementioned man had recommended the school to them in hopes of helping them find a performing arts course that would be most suitable for them. 

As it seemed, Banri and Minori had settled on that.

"How's registration going?" He asked out of the blue. Minori glanced at him for a moment as a small smile formed on her lips. 

"Banri-kun and I are taking the entrance exam together, he's already finished his registration and I..." She paused before hitting 'enter' "...just finished mine."

"When are you two taking the entrance exam?" 

"In a few weeks." She replied, opening up another website. "I'm actually feeling pretty nervous, I've been doing some studying with the others 'cause of it." 

"I doubt there's anything for you to worry about." He smirked, "You'll get in there for sure, you're already pretty famous."

"I don't think I'm that well-known." She snickered, placing her laptop next to her before pulling out her smartphone, "Aren't you supposed to start your late-night grind right now?" 

He showed her his phone, where the War of Warriors loading screen flashed, and smiled at her. "Mind joining me?"

"I was about to anyway." She giggled. 

Itaru cherished these nights with her. Nights where it was just the two of them, on their phones, occupied by games they so often played. He liked it that way, hoping to all the gods that existed out there that it wouldn't change. 

"Hey! That wasn't fair!" She exclaimed, "I didn't know you had that weapon."

He tilted his head sideways, smirking at the pout on her face as she looked down at her defeat, "I wasn't supposed to let you know." 

"Ah, I'm beat. You're too hardcore to beat in this one." She sighed, looking over at the wall clock for a moment. "Woah. It's late already...?"

Itaru followed her gaze and snickered. 11:47 PM.

"It's still a little too early." 

"Seriously?" She giggled, "Damn, who raised you?"

"Parents who don't know how much of a legend their son is." He flexed before pulling out a newly bought video game from his bag, "Let's play this next, in your room."

She looked at the game in his hands with a horrified expression, "'Stairwell?!', Itaru-San!"

"Ow!" He laughed, rubbing at the arm she slapped him on, "What? It was recommended by the guy in the shop!"