4

Knees shaking, I walk into my cabin first, slipping into my chair and burying my face in my hands.

Suddenly, the telephone rings.

"Yes?"

"Alisha, come to my cabin please." Mr Kohli's voice sounds over the line. He doesn't sound angry yet. Yet.

"Sure, Sir. Just a minute."

"Do come fast." He adds.

I gulp. This could be the last walk to his cabin. If he found out I talked to his son like that - the son he adores so much - I'm fired.

I knock timidly on his door and walk in as I hear him say I can come in.

"Sir?"

"Alisha! Thank you so much for dealing with everything. The arrangements were fabulous. Absolutely marvelous." He says.

I spot a white wine glass in his hand as he looks like he's celebrating, but I'm too scared to say anything at this point.

Virat Kohli, the CEO of Kohli enterprises, who people even feared to make eye contact with - he was who I argued with? Really, Alisha?

"H...have you met your son, Sir?"

"Yes, just now. I just finished my call which was very successful may I add, and when I returned, there he was in his cabin." He laughed.

I tried to smile.

"Come I'll introduce you to him." He says, opening the door.

"Oh NO! I mean - I - I have to give these files to reception. I'll -"

"Miss Manikandan can do that." He said, referring to Meghna. "For now I must introduce you both to each other."

I couldn't argue with him, nor did I have a better excuse. I agreed silently, looking at the floor as I followed him to the cabin which I dreaded even looking at right now. I breathed deeply as Mr Kohli opened the door without knocking and walked in.

"Alisha, come in dear." He ushered me.

I slowly gathered the courage to look up, half expecting to see Virat's eyes already glued to my face from his desk, but when I went in I saw four men sitting on the conference table quite comfortably, having a discussion that reminded me of how my dad's friends and him used to when I was younger.

Virat's back was facing me, but I could just see a glass of wine in his hand that had a Rolex watch on it. His white shirt hugged his back muscles perfectly, emphasing his broad shoulders too. His sleeves were rolled up half way up his wrists.

"We have a visitor." Mr Kohli said in his loud and proud voice.

I hate this.

Get me out of here.

The other men stopped and looked up at us, while Virat rotated to see who had come, probably expecting another man.

My throat went dry. The man who had the power to destroy my career in seconds was sitting in front of me and now looking at me. Kill me now.

I followed Mr Kohli as he led me to the table, and took a seat next to Virat who still had a subtle smile on his face.

Nor was his smile completely malicious, nor was it sweet - it was a contemplating, tentative, sly smile that all cunning businessman should have on their faces. I looked down at my hands.

"This is the person I'm most excited to introduce you to, Virat." Mr Kohli says, placing an arm around his son's shoulder.

"Alisha Patel, my PA. She's just like my daughter. And Alisha - my boy, Virat." He gives him a manly thump on his back.