26

2 months later:

"Should I wear the Chanel Rouge Allure Camélia lipstick or the Dior Rouge Diorific?" I say to myself, biting my lip with my hand on my hip. I was getting ready for an evening ball in Tenerife where me, Virat and his family had all gone for a week's vacation. It was Virat's grandpa's brother's birthday celebrations.

Unfortunately his grandpa had passed away years ago but his younger brother, so Mr Kohli's uncle was still alive and also lived a life full of struggles but was ultimately rewarded in great wealth and luxuries. He had saved enough to be able to retire and live on a coastal mansion in Tenerife with his wife. He didn't have any children.

I hold each shade in each hand and have a tough time choosing as I jump out of my thoughts.

"Can you help me out?" I call across Virat's room from the dressing table.

I see Virat walk up to me in the mirror and he zips up the back of my dress after roaming his palm on my bare back. His cold rings on his hands always made me shiver as they touched my skin. For tonight I was wearing a long, maroon dress that was elegantly simple with its suave dark red border on the chest, flowing down around my hips and its thigh high slit, coupled with jet black wedges on my feet.

I swear I was almost as tall as Virat after I wore those. I held his hand to support me as I slipped into the shoes.

He wrapped his arms around me from behind and I grabbed his cheek with my hands, squeezing them slightly as we look at us in the mirror.

"Oi my hair." He jumps back as I try to brush my fingers through his hair, almost wincing at how fast he saves his hair from my touch.

"Alright, Mr Fussypants! I won't touch you at all then." I throw my hands up in surrender.

"Nah. That's not a good idea." He places a hand on my waist as I grab my clutch and we begin walking to the car which would take us to the venue.

💗

"Hi, Di! You look gorgeous!" I say to Bhavna Di.

"Look who's talking! I can't believe Virat even let you out of the room!" She teases me, making me blush.

"Guys, come have some drinks." Vicky Bhaiya takes us to the bar. The main event was over and now it was the after party for the adults. Mr and Mrs Kohli and the kids had gone back home to rest.

Virat's busy with talking to other people and so I talk with some other people too. The Kohlis had so many contacts it was tiring to keep having to introduce myself. Take a shot every time you must had heard the phrase: "Hi, I'm Alisha. Nice to meet you."

After a while my feet started aching so I spot Chetna Bhabi somewhere in the seating area so I start walking towards her.

Suddenly, I feel my wrists getting clutched and hear an unfamiliar deep male voice from behind me. "Excuse me?" I hear. I turn around, confused.

My eyes first fall onto my wrist that was firmly held by a hand and my strained eyes face the beholder of that hand. A young man, probably in his 20s like me was smiling at me, his eyes scanning me from head to toe.

We both don't move, staying in exactly the same position until I jerk my hand out of his and rub my wrists where he had held it. I blink away as I realize he's now smirking as he takes a step closer.

"Sorry, I didn't recognize you?" I say. How dare he jus touch me like that.

"No need to. Let me introduce myself. I'm Aryan. Aryan Malhotra." He extends a hand out which I look at sternly but do not reciprocate. "And you are?"