New life

When I was a senior in high school, all I ever wanted to be was a Marine. I was told that I just needed to drop 50lbs and I'd be ready to join. It wasn't until the summer entering my senior year, that I found out that I was pregnant. Not only was I scared because I was going to be a single mother, but I was going to have to give up everything for my son, and that was a sacrifice that I was willing to make.

After having my son right then and there I knew that he was all that I'll ever need in my life. It is just so hard because I was in no position to raise and protect my son.

But all I know is that I'm willing to sacrifice everything just so that my son could have the perfect life. And in the end I got a new dream, and that is to give my son the best life possible. And that is exactly what I am doing.

The only problem is I'm also battling depression with suicidal thoughts.

I was in a weak state and I didn't know which way was up I just wanted to end it all and give my son up to my mom. At the time I knew that she was the only one that could actually take care of my son and give him the life that he is supposed to have. I had everything calculated, down to the last second. Just as I finished drinking the water to "help" my son woke up before schedule. He came to me and told me that he was hungry. I ran to the restroom and I threw up. And went about my day.

Ever since then I knew that I had to do anything and everything to be the person that my son needs. And now I have a new dream, and that is to be the best mother my son deserves, nothing more and nothing less.