Chapter 6

I took my time reading every word written in the pages, not missing a single information about the creatures. Turns out they really aren't from this world at all, they were from a realm called Enchantix. There, all manners of creatures and even humans can cast all sorts of magic, from the purest of light healing magic to the darkest of the forbidden spells. They were all living in harmony, until a sorcerer used the blessing of a goddess to overpower a fairy and used her as a servant. Her kind was enraged by this, so they fought back. However, the humans were more powerful because of the blessing of the goddess in their hands. A war broke off, and the creatures lost. Since then they fell as the lower ranks of living beings in the realm, becoming as the servants of the more powerful beings, the humans.

And since they were now the lower beings, they had no rights to have the ability to fly. So the humans tore the wings of every single fairy there is. They lived like this for centuries, until one fairy stood up and fought the tyranny, in turn inspiring others to join her side. They built a rebellion unbeknownst to the humans, helping those who have suffered under the hands of the tyrants. One day, the fairy heard a rumor about a forbidden spell, able to create a portal to another world. She and the others worked hard to find any information about this, and after a few years, they finally found it.

On the day of their escape, an informant was pretending to be part of the rebellion, and had told the humans of their plans. The leader and some other creatures held off the humans, allowing the rest to escape through the portal. Many survived as they arrived into the new found world, along with the newborn child of the fairy.

There was no other information about the child nor how the story ended, but I think I already know about that part. My hands were shaking as I traced the last few sentences written in the last page of the book. It all makes sense now, the hate, the enslavement and the abuse of power. They were suffering so they fled, and they wanted to avenge those who have fallen by directing the blame towards us. But this is not their world, this is not Enchantix.

As I shut the book close, the translucent wall disappeared. Just then, guardian fairies arrived at the bottom of the stairs but were frozen in place as they saw me inside the room where the book sat. I took it and held it close to my chest as I walked out of the room, helping my two friends that were still on the ground and passed by the still frozen fairies. When we emerged from the stairs and back to the library, Minnie, Lin and Kal were kneeling in front of the librarian, the President of the RSG and the Headmistress. The place was surrounded by guardians, some even moving behind me to make sure I won't escape.

"The nerve of this child! How dare you even think about touching the sacred book of the headmistress!" The librarian gasped as she saw me with the book clutched in my arms, the president of the RSG was furious and the headmistress had her back towards me. Anne and Amethyst then stood beside me and held on to my arms, until they were taken by the guardians and was forced to kneel beside the others.

"I know about everything, about how you had to leave your previous world because of the oppression of humans that abused their gifts for selfish desires." I spoke, which confused every single fairy in the room except her, the headmistress. I saw her luminescent wings twitch as I spoke of their past. "I know about the rebellion and how the leader and a few others had to sacrifice themselves to save you-"

"Ha! What is this nonsense? Oppression of humans? Is this some kind of trick to make us just let this disobedience pass by? If so, you are fooling yourself." spoke the librarian as she fixed her round glasses that sat at the bridge of her nose and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

I frowned, of course they have no clue of what had truly happened for the sake of their freedom. Because if they do, they might change their minds about us. The headmistress even kept this vital information even from her own kind. I then threw the book I was holding on to the ground in front of them, not caring about the gasps they emitted nor of the more furious stares directed towards me. "You don't even tell your own kind about their history, YOUR history. What kind of a ruler would that make you?"