Wish to see snow.

Lisa

"We just met in the bookstore, remember?" He grinned, looking at me with his beautiful pair of eyes.

I immediately started fixing my hair with a tint of shyness "Yeah, I know."

"You love the book The Dreamcatcher right? You even took down notes..."

I nodded my head while looking at him.

"That novel is really awesome! I have come to your store for three days. Finally, I finished it~" he beamed with joy.

I couldn't believe my ears "What?! You finished all of it?"

Looking at my reaction, he immediately clasped his hands together and bowed down "Sorry, the book is too expensive. Otherwise, I would have definitely got it!"

I chuckled at his response "It's ok. The price was set by the owner herself. The out-of-print books are expensive indeed. What took me by surprise was the fact that you've finished it so soon..."

"Because the story is truly exciting! I'm so jealous of the hero Billy. He can meet such a great number of odd but funny people..." he looked up at the sky and continued "And no matter how enormous setbacks he faced, he could bounce back."

I instantly retorted "Not every time! After the encounter with the 'hat lady' he had been depressed for quite a long time!"

He thought for a while and replied "Oh right... and then he met her again, but the prob-"

"AHHH! I don't want spoilers! I haven't read all of it!" I yelled, covering both the ears with my hands.

He nodded and smiled broadly.

He then whispered in my ear "Anyway, I won't take it. You can hide it and take your time."

"Umm..."

I have already hidden it though...

It was still raining cats and dogs. Not even a single soul was found wandering around. A comfortable silence hung upon us, as we were watching the pouring rain.

He took a step to break the silence "Well, I've been here for days. But I haven't taken a good look at the city yet. Actually, rainy days are beautiful as well..."

"You came here for visiting?"

"Yeah, sort of a graduation trip. I'm from the north and happen to be here these days."

I heaved a sigh "I've never been to the north. Is it fun there?

"Not so much. Not attractive to me now. But it does snow in winter."

My face brightened up. "Snow? The pure white snow? It must be breathtaking!" My voice was filled with amazement.

He tilted his head and gave out a small smile "uh yeah, it's breathtaking."

Maybe he got so used to seeing snow, that he doesn't appreciate it anymore.

I reached out my hand to feel the rain drops "It seldom snows here. When snow falls, it immediately turns into water and gets evaporated." I looked up at the sky "How I wish to go to the north to see snow..."

In my peripheral vision, I could see him staring at me.

Silence engulfed us again, but this time, I broke it. "Well, I've never left this city since I was born."

"Uh Huh?"

"It's true! I've been to other places with my parents, but I was too young to remember anything. I'm so jealous of you guys, travelling everywhere. It feels quite free."

"You can make it too." He said, like it's a matter of fact. "It's budget travel anyhow. What you need to do is save up enough money covering several months."

I gave him a weak smile "My parents are very strict."

I don't know why I could talk so much to a stranger.

"The rain doesn't seem to stop." He crossed his arms against his chest and leaned on the wall "I'm doomed to be a drowned rat."

"Where are you going?" I asked, tucking few strands of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." He grinned from ear to ear "Before that, I'd like to look around."

With that being said, he turned around to leave. Why is he leaving so soon?

"I gotta go. Bye! It was nice meeting you!" and he gave out a big, bright smile, which could light up the whole world.

My heart beat started rising. I could feel my heart beat going so crazy that I thought I would experience a heart attack.

Thankfully, I didn't experience one. Thank the heavens.

"Wait a minute!" I cried out

He turned back to look at me, surprise evident in his face. I immediately fished out my umbrella from my bag and handed it out to him with a small smile.

"Take... this umbrella with you."