The new day

"Isn't there still 99%?" I asked Jungkook anxiously.

He gave an amiable smile and spoke "Yes. It's time to face it bravely. I've always been in good health. I felt overwhelmed by the unexpected disease."

"The surgery is gonna be very successful!" I gave him one of my brightest smile.

Jungkook snorted "Eh? Why did you suddenly become optimistic?"

"Nah. Frankly speaking, I'm afraid of pain..."

"It won't be painful, thanks to anaesthesia."

My phone started ringing loudly, interrupting our conversation. After taking a look at the caller ID, I immediately picked it up.

"Hello, mom?"

"Lisa, why don't you come home yet?"

"Oh, I have to work overtime today. I won't go home for dinner."

"Come back early after work. Don't hang around outside."

"Hmm. I see. Okay."

I hanged up my phone and turned towards Jungkook, only to find him giggling at me.

"Still lying at the end of the world?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and smiling.

I shrugged "I just wanna stay out of trouble."

He kept quiet. It was silent, but this silence was killing me. I felt guilty towards myself. I was lying to myself. Will I ever be able to free myself from this cage?

I got up in frustration "You're right. This is silly..."

Jungkook looked confused "Hey, whatcha gonna do?"

I ignored him and stood near the railings. I took out my phone and called my mom. The phone got connected. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"Mom, I wanna talk to you. I lied to you, I Don't work in a large company. It's just a bookstore...
I know you don't want me to read the 'useless' books but I love them.
I didn't mean that. I just wanna tell you what I actually want. I hope you can respect my choice. I'll find a job after graduation from college."

Tears welled up in my eyes. I continued "And, I'm almost 20 years old. Can you give me some freedom? To date or not, it's also my choice, right?"

-

The lake looked so beautiful, giving out calm vibes.

By this time, Jungkook came and stood beside me. "You were so cool" he said and smirked.

I sighed sadly "I'll be screwed after getting home." But then, a smile crept to my lips "But I feel so relaxed, and have nothing to regret even if I die now."

I loosened my hair, which was tied up, and enjoyed the cool breeze. My long brown hair was dancing according to the wind.

"Ice cream in cotton cabin, 12 flavours, you want it?" Jungkook asked me with a warm smile.

I squealed "I'm dying to!"

"Let's go. You can truly die without regrets after having the ice cream." He teased me.

I chuckled "That's right"

As we were leaving, I came across a letter, which was fallen down on the ground. It was a cute pink letter with a pretty seal on top of it. I picked it up and asked the student, who was standing a few meters away from the letter "Excuse me, is this yours?"

She turned around to look at me. Wow. She was really pretty. She had jet black hair which was styled into a bob cut. Pretty eyes, cute nose and heart shaped lips. So cute. (A/N: You guys should have guessed who it is by now hehe)

She got flustered when I approached her. She took the letter from me, muttered a 'thanks' and went her way.

I ran to catch up with Jungkook. "What I just picked up seems to be a love letter" I told him, looking up at the sky.

He was taken aback "Huh? How do you know that?"

"Just a hunch. And there is an adorable seal on the envelope."

"Really? That's so sweet..."

We made our way to cotton cabin and tried all the 12 flavours. We then walked through the streets, holding each other's hand.

How I wish I could stay in this moment forever. But separation is inevitable. After all... we can date for just one day.

Jungkook gave me a tight hug before leaving. "You should go home soon" he whispered in my ear.

"Hmm..." I was drunk in his scent. Damn. It was so good. Wish I could stay like this forever.

"So, see you."

"Maybe we'll never see each other again?" I chuckled sadly.

His grip got tighter. "I'll come to see you again. When it snows, I'll come" I could feel Jungkook smiling.

I smiled warmly in his embrace. "Okay."

Hah, Lisa. You are so stupid. Did you forget it never snows in this city...

Never mind. It's so beautiful today. Thank you, Jungkook. Goodbye.

-

I dreamed of snow that night. When I woke up, I rushed to the window to look outside.

The world didn't end.

A new day had begun.