1x3: Fateful Encounter

It's been roughly a week since Lincoln and Lana's arrival at the Middle School, and a week since he had gone on his first Scavenger hunt with both Jordan and Maggie. He found that Maggie was a great shot, managing to nail a few deer and other wildlife for them to eat when scavenging, and Jordan was great at sneaking around, letting all three of them avoid being spotted by Rotters.

They always carried guns when out scavenging, Lincoln carrying his python, Maggie had a Glock-17, but Jordan used a crossbow and, of course, reused the bolts that she fired, as she had told them that it was hard finding more.

While out scavenging, Lincoln also showed off his stuff, coming up with plans, showing off his knowledge about some things his Dad and Lynn taught him about survival as well as the traps Lana set up and proved to be a great leader in when out scavenging.

When Lincoln returned back to his new home, he always saw Lana helping Chaz and Zach with the power, she was great at it, as Chaz and Zach allowed her to learn some of their tricks and how to get power.

Speaking of how the school still had power, Lincoln remembered how one day, he and Maggie had to travel with Chaz or Zach outside of the school to check out their power system.

As it turns out, the power system itself was the town's own power plant, It was large but relatively small for a powerplant, this was due to Royal Woods and Great Lake City being away from other major cities and towns. Lincoln had gone on a field trip there a couple of times, he knew that in a regular power plant, you would need 500 to 1,000 people to operate it, but since it was small only around 50 or 100 people were needed to operate it, however, this was later not needed as the power plant now ran or use to run on computer AI, thanks to Lisa.

Of course, she had seen Terminator and other movies where AI had turned on humans, so she allowed it the basic functions and knowledge of how to operate each and every job of a power plant.

Thinking about his 2nd youngest sister would sometimes put a dent in his mood. Remembering his genius sister and how she wanted to act like a computer but would always convey her emotions when needed was what he missed sometimes, but he would take himself out of those thoughts as quickly as they came.

Lincoln had also cleaned himself up a little, his hair was long so he kept the back end tied up when he could. Lincoln threw out his old clothes, he wore a red Ace Savvy shirt with a pair of blue jeans and a pair of black boots. Lincoln also carried his python with him at all times, but he also had a Kukri Machete, which he picked from the weapons locker that the group made.

Lana had also cleaned up, as her hair wasn't messy anymore and she had cut it short like it used to be before the infection. She also found a navy blue shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a dark red jacket that she wrapped around her waist, and she wore a pair of black hiking shoes.

So far, things were going smoothly, Lincoln ahd reunited with his friends and were getting to know everyone in the middle school, Lana was safe and was also getting to know everyone, Lana mostly hung out with Darcy.

Sam even allowed Lana to do Jobs for anybody who needed it, except for scavaging. for once in five years, Lincoln felt things were going his way.

Lincoln was currently in the school laundry room, what used to be the Janitor's office. Dana and Becky had found some working washers and dryers in a house close by, and with the help of Sully and Carol, they brought them back to the school. Zach hooked the machines up and now they had clean clothes.

He was folding his and Lana's clothes when he heard footsteps coming his way, he turned around to see Dana along with Darcy.

"Hey, Lincoln!" Darcy cried as she saw the boy.