Chapter 2

Lazara

I was running late for school and didnt know that to expect when I got there. I just moved here after living up north with my mother for the last two years. My father was killed in a battle along with the alpha so in my mothers heartbreak decided to move back up north to our old pack. Some people may be wondering how I have a old pack well the answer is simple really. A few years after my parents had Jake they decided they wanted a new start. They knew from their alpha that the beta of the Blood River pack had recently died and the third in command didnt want to move up. So father jumped at the opportunity and off they went to start a new life. 

Two years ago on April 13th my father and the alpha of the Blood River pack were killed in a surprise attack. It was the alphas sons 17th birthday and everyone except my family had gathered for the party. My family well mostly my mother is always running late. It was a day I never forgot. The look on my mothers face when she heard we were being attacked and knew my father had to go killed me. The alpha was dead before my father arrived and he was taken shortly after. All the warriors had apparently been responding to a threat on the complete opposite side of the territory. Therefore there were only the alpha and three other warriors to defend the pack house where all the women and children were. We were attacked by 20 or less rouges and we suffered terrible losses. Only a few other people had been killed that day including the other three warriors and a couple mothers trying to get everyone inside. That day my mother grabbed me and ran. She tried to take my brother but he wasnt having it. That day he and Everette became alpha and beta. But thats enough about that terrible day.

A few more things about me My full name is Lazara Nichole Mason and I am 16 years old. My birthday is January 7th so theres about 3 weeks until my birthday. Im so excited to shift and maybe find my mate. Im of average height will a small body and brown hair with ocean blue eyes. I got those from my dad they were what I loved most about myself.  I was starting this new school right at the end of the semester so there was only a couple days left before break. I was nervous as hell to be going to a new school so late in the year. When I left I had no friends so there was no one to look forward to seeing. I missed my brother the most. I did my best to look casual but cute for school. I wore ripped jeans, a blue crop top and a white cropped jacket with my adidas. I dont wear much makeup so I did my eyebrows threw on some mascara and was ready to go. 

I ran downstairs as fast as I could and waved to my mother as I ran out the door. 

"Bye mom love you! Wish me luck!" I yelled with half a pop-tart in my mouth. She didnt even look up from what she was doing but I heard here say I love you too. I jumped in my car and took off. I love my car shes a 2019 Dodge Charger R/T and gets me where I need to be. 

I was about ten minutes late to school so I parked next to my brother and ran to the front office. The lady at the desk was super nice and gave me all my stuff and tried to point in the right direction but I got lost. She  also let me know homeroom was mixed with all grades before I walked off. I had actually skipped a year so Im a junior instead of a sophomore. When I walked into class I looked at the teacher who paused what she was doing.

"Sorry Im late. I got lost." I gave her a nervous smile.

"Thats okay dear. Im assuming your Lazara Mason?" She gave me a soft smile and I nodded my head yes. "Go ahead and take a seat beside your brother. I walked over to Jake and sat down. He immediately grabbed my schedule and looked it over. 

"We have lunch together so you can sit with me." He said. It was more like a order. I have to remember he hasnt seen me for two years and I missed him greatly. We had a small conversation before I heard a throat cleared behind me.

"Jake arent you gonna introduce your best friend and Alpha to your sister. I dont know if she remembers me." The most velvety voice spoke from behind me. I was almost scared to turn around to see who the voice belonged to but when I did my world dropped out of orbit.

A/N

Hey everyone its been TWO YEARS since I posted chapter one. I started college again that year and completely forgot wattpad existed. Im now 22 and still in college but I have a lot more time on my hands since I have online classes. I don't know how much I'll upload or when I'll be able to. Im going to shoot for Tuesday or Thursday of each week since those are my days off. I had a reader recently comment and ask where the rest is and I said Id try. I hope you like it. I tried to give background information in this chapter. Im sorry there isn't much dialogue. But what do you think? Is Everett going to reject her? Is he going to tell her or wait for her to find out on her own? What about Jake? Im kind of excited.

Love T