Chapter 6

"Ah, finally. I knew I kept you around for a reason." Gwaine joked. He handed a portion of dried meat to Lancelot, who was looking rather hot.

"Thank you, Merlin. I appreciate it."

"Are you okay? You look sick."

"No, I'm just hot."

"I'll go look for a stream. Come on Arthur." Merlin stood up and brushed his hands on his pants. Arthur threw a stick at his chest.

"I'll be back soon." Merlin wandered north, looking for water for Lancelot, when he heard Arthur coming up behind him.

"I thought you were tired." Merlin nagged.

"Well, apparently I'm not, for I'm with you." Arthur slung an arm around Merlin's shoulder.

"It's hard to walk when you do that, Arthur."

"Good."

"Dollop-head." Merlin poked Arthur in the side.

"Clot-pole." Arthur put his arm back down, but was still right next to Merlin.

"Here, take this." Merlin handed Arthur the cap for the canteen and bent down to fill it up at a small stream they had found. Arthur put his boot on his back and pushed Merlin face first into the creek.

"Arthur!" Merlin sputtered, stepping out onto the bank.

"What?" Arthur laughed. Merlin grabbed Arthur's tunic and pulled him in close, Arthur thinking he was going to get kissed. But, Merlin just shook out his hair and got his face soaking wet.

"Merlin, you-" Arthur wiped off his face, but Merlin dumped the canteen over his head. "Merlin!" He yelled.

"Arthur!" He mimicked, then jumped backwards into the clear water. "Come on, it's nice." He threw the half-full canteen onto the bank and lied back in the water.

"You're still wearing all your clothes, Merlin."

"Yes, Arthur. I don't need to be naked around you like I was all the time at the castle."

"What?" He shouted, confused.

"You know. All of the days when you kissed me slow and sweet, lifting off my tunic and junking down my trousers."

"I never-Merlin!"

"And you pulled me closer by my neckerchief and you'd trail kisses down my-"

"Shut up, Merlin!"

"You'd trail kisses down my chest and-"

"You dollop-head!" He shouted, jumping into the water on top of Merlin.

"Ow!" Arthur rubbed his back after he came up above the surface.

"What?"

"You're bony."

"Clot-pole." Merlin splashed Arthur and quickly dove under.

"Ugh. My clothes are soaked." Arthur complained when they got out and were sitting on the shore.

"Well, yes. You were just swimming in water."

"I know, Merlin. But they're uncomfortable."

"Then take them off."

"Merlin, I know you want me to take off my clothes, and I'm not going to."

"I bet I can make you."

"I doubt you-" He was cut off by Merlin getting extremely close to him and shoving him to the ground. He sat on his hips and held his hands above his head.