Chapter 32

Later on that night

Kayla

Body cold (frosty)
And I'm so (bossy)
Ain't I so (saucy)
And my clothes (cost me)
Life of the party
Always get it started
Ain't I so (bossy)
Ain't I so?

I was at the club working tonight to get my mind off of some things. I won't even supposed to come out yet but ever since Tyree punched Killa in his face that day, Killa's been messing with me. They were playing my song from Keke Palmer so I figured why not?

I'm independent, got my own boo
And I can fuck some cash up if I want to
Fuck it up, body cold (frosty)
And I'm so (bossy)
Ain't I so (saucy)
And my clothes (cost me)

When I got done gliding around the pole I looked to see Killa talking to this poppin' rapper that go by Big Ace. Ace done won two awards last year and was nominated for four of them. I ain't a fan or nothing. I'm just giving credit when it's due.

I did a little spin around the pole, dropped low then came back up. When I looked straight ahead I noticed Killa was bringing Big Ace and his friends over my way. I mentally rolled my eyes.

" Ayo Candy let me holler at you right quick ", Killa yelled over the music. I squat down to hear what he gotta say.

" Listen, I was just talking to my boy right here about- "

" -Hopefully about me ", Mocha came up and said. She was with her sidekick Skittles. Mocha looked at Ace and said " Wassup baby ".

" Yo wassup ", Ace said with a head nod. Mocha started caressing his arm with a smile.

" I would really like to get back to work so I mean ", I told Killa. Skittles took the sucker out of her mouth while looking at me.

" Hold on bitch what's with the attitude? ", she questioned me. Her Spanish accent was on heavy.

" Don't you got a nigga to suck up hoe ? ", I responded. Skittles was about to charge at me until Killa moved her back.

" Look I was about to tell you that Ace here wanna private dance from you. It's his birthday ", Killa told me.

" Oh you don't want her baby. I'll give you the best dance of your life ", Mocha chimed in.

" Um actually I heard some shit about you and you ain't scamming me ", Ace replied. " I want Candy ".

Mocha caught a attitude and walked away with Skittles. While Ace's friends laughed.

" I don't know. My shift is almost- ", I started to say.

" Girl you better get your ass down them steps and make this money ", Killa semi-yelled.

I eventually stood up straight and walked off the stage. " Fine. Follow me ".

I begin leading the way through the club. I looked behind me and Ace was watching me while he followed. I turned back around and rolled my eyes.

Once we got in the private room I begin getting the speakers and stuff ready. Ace just stood there like he was lost.

" So you're gone stand there or you gonna take a seat ", I asked him.

" Oh shit my bad ", he said. He went to sit down in the chair. It got quiet, normally dudes would spark a conversation with me.

" Happy birthday ", I told him with a small smile.

" Thank you I appreciate it ", Ace replied