Chapter One- Back To School

It's the first day back and my friend's and I are finally in Year 11. This year is going to be the best year, I can already tell. I'm turning 16 finally which means my boyfriend Jayden and I will be officially known as Soulmates. On your 16th birthday your vision goes black and white and you only see the same colour as your soulmate. Jayden is already 16 and he sees orange which is "coincidentally" both of our favourite colours, so I know I will see it too.

The bell rings and I look down at my timetable.

"Nicole what subject do you have?" Jayden asks me curiously and slightly excited.

"Geography," I reply

"Oh..." The once excited look is replaced with a look of disappointment. "We don't have the same class, I have English."

"You'll be fine for a couple hours without me, I'll see you at lunch!" I reassure him before waving goodbye and walking in the  direction of my class.

I see Ethan walking in the same direction as me so I walk faster to catch up with him.

"Ethan, wait up!" I yell, out of breath.

"You don't excercise much, do ya Nicole?" Ethan mocks. I push him and tell him to shut up while laughing.

"Do you have Geography?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Oh thank god, I thought I was going to be alone in that class." I breathe a sigh of relief, "Can I sit with you?"

"No," Ethan says but I can't tell if he's being serious or not and it kind of hurts since we have been close friends since Year 7.

"Well I'm still sitting next to you anyway," I shrug while smiling, trying not to show any of the hurt I felt.

We enter the classroom and sit at the front left side of the classroom together. We laugh and tease one another quietly as the teacher tells us funny stories about her life. The bell rings signalling a change of classes and I find myself slightly sad to leave Geo, I was having so much fun with Ethan and I hadn't seen him all holidays... I think I missed him.

The rest of the day went by quickly. Jayden and I had lunch together with the rest of our friends Ethan, John and Sarah. John towers over us all with his height. He has long black hair that I like to tease him about and although he may seem intimidating at first, he's really just a giant teddy bear. Him and his soulmate Sarah both see the colour purple and their relationship is so strong, something I aspire to have.

It is said when soulmates kiss they are 'reborn' and get their full-coloured vision back but their original colour that they had before will always stand out. John and Sarah are waiting to have their first kiss since their 16th birthdays but Jayden and I want to have our kiss on my birthday which is this Saturday.

...

After school I have dinner at Jayden's house with his family and then after have a cute movie date night. Everything with him always goes so perfectly, he makes me so beyond happy... So why do I feel like something is wrong?