#1

It had always been a dream of mine to be a reporter, so when I accomplished that dream about a year ago I couldn't have been happier! Now it was regular for me to be on TV as I was one of the channels more photogenic reporters, add that to my amazing ability to remeber scripts and I was the perfect fit to interview the aliens that had descended in our skies about three days ago.

Ever since they showed up in our sky they have been trying to communicate with us, now the government has finally declared we have a way to actually communicate and is letting reporters in to some of the negotiations to report on the happenings and try to get some interviews with the aliens, imagine my surprise when I'm chosen to report on this!

Smiling broadly I follow the cameraman onto the ship, we aren't the only ones coming aboard, there are other reporters and cameramen as well as diplomats from every country in the world! We film as we walk, I point out everyone who's boarding the ship and explain who they are and where they're from. At least I do so to the best of my abilities. As we finally board the ship we are forced to turn off our cameras and resort to writing notes to talk about later.

Sitting down in a metal chair I pull out my note pad and pencil. Seconds  later a large imposing figure walks in to the room flanked by two other, slightly smaller people. They look like humans, except for their eyes, their eyes are red like sunsets or rubies. They sit down and one hands out small ear pieces which we quickly put on as shown. Once we do the largest man starts talking. "Hello, I am Gabriel, the leader of our species, humans might call me a king. " he explains, after that the diplomats and Gabriel talk about trades and other stuff.

As they talk one of the men leads all of us reporters away so we could interview some of the "new arrivals" as we are calling them, due to them being new to earth and all. As all the others are allowed to talk to the others I am lead on by the, uh, man...? I'm going to go with man. One by one all of the other reporters are pointed to one of the waiting new arrivals until I'm the only one left. "Im sorry but the scientist you were supposed to interview isn't available due to some family issues" he says apologetically. "Wait here, I'll contact my boss and see what I can do for you" he motions to a chair, turning to leave as I sit down.

About an hour later the door opens and my guide returns, behind him is the imposing figure of Gabriel. "This is  jack Morrison, the reporter I told you about" he says, giving a small bow. closing the door behind gabriel he leaves us to our conversation."uh, hi" I say akwardly. He smiles, extending his hand to shake. "Hi, I heard you wanted to interview me?" He asks. A grin spreads across my face as he sits down infront of me.

Gabriel's pov:

I watch as jack shuffles the papers on his clipboard, getting ready to question me. He's fragile, but in a sort of adorable way. Like something I would snuggle up to in my bed and love forever. That sounds nice. He starts talking, questioning me about the crew and my home planet. I answer him without giving him any information that would allow humans to have an advantage over us if things went wrong. As much as I would love to tell jack whatever he wanted I have to remeber that he is currently aligned with humans. Speaking of his current alignment he might have a significant other I have to fight, I'll have to look into that. I doubt jack will let me fight him to the death, so I will be forced to accept a yield.

Jack questions me about the production of live stock and I rattle off answers from memory, one of the benefits of a rather exspensive education. I had learned English from a very young age after a wandering ship discovered the planet. After that everyone changed forms to better understand the species and fit in. We also tapped into their internet and and learned their slang and everyone who could afford it were taught about how the human body works and how to read their body language 

I snap out of my thoughts as jack asks another questions. He's rather curious, asking me about a multitude of topics ranging from livestock and agriculture to why our eyes are red.

"So what can you tell me about your culture?" He asks. He's at the edge of his seat and his clipboard is covered in pages of notes from our conversation. My H.U.D blinks, powering on and projecting from my arm. Jack can't read it but it's telling me it's time to go. "As much as I've loved talking with you, I have to go." I say sadly. Seeing Jack's face fall I quickly formulate a plan. "But you could spend the week or so on the ship" I offer, smiling internally as his face brightens. "Do you think I would be allowed to?" He asks, a hopeful look on his face. "Well, I can ask your president, I'm sure it will be good for our relation ship" I say, I'm sure it will help with the relation ship between our planets. And between me and him.

After talking to the people representing earth (all of them) I exit the conference room. As I walk out the door I catch the attention of one of my guards. " Escort jack to  my room, he will be staying the night for awhile. Be careful with him, he is fragile" I order in my native tongue. The guard nods, retrieving jack from where I left him.