prologue.

[ five years ago ]

a grunt echos through the dim and empty room as a middle-aged man is pushed on his knees, greasy black hair covering his vision. the only thing he could see were an expensive pair of black shoes, impatiently tapping against the floor quickly.

"this is the one?" the standing man speaks in a low and gruff voice, arms crossed against his chest, peering down at the quivering man at his feet.

"yes sir." one of the guards holding his arm quickly spoke, not making eye contact with his head bowed — he would prefer to keep living for another day.

"hm, a bit pathetic...but i suppose all of you jeon members are...weak and pathetic little boys." the leader let out an empty and emotionless laugh before resting a hand on the bulge in his pocket, butterfly knife sharp and ready as always.

"j-jung. h-how da-" thrown to the floor by a heavy punch to his gut, the already injured man moaned in pain, eyes scrunching clothes as he gritted his teeth to glare at the boss in front of him.

"how dare i what? how dare i insult you and your people? please, don't make me laugh again, jeon." the taller male looms over 'jeon' on the floor and bends down to look him straight in the eye. a small smirk appears on his lips before he calls out in a booming voice, not moving his gaze from the bloodied man.

"jimin!" a teenage boy quickly rushes over, a teasing and cheeky grin on his face as he stares at the bloodied man with absolutely no remorse.

"yes sir?"

"how much does this man owe us now?" jimin takes out a notepad and taps a capped pen against the white paper before smirking and tilting his head at his boss.

"ahem- it would be totaled up to 7.43 million, sir...without interest." a chuckle escapes 'jung's' lips as he slowly curls his fingers around the knife in his pocket, sliding it out to hold in front of the man's face.

"without interest hm?" jung gently flicks the knife once so the sharp blade was now exposed, pressing it lightly against the other man's throat.

"but we're such good buddies right, jeon? perhaps i could give my old friend some extra time hm? it would be unfair of me." the man smiles innocently, gently pushing the blade to make a light cut against his throat.

"you have five years to pay me back, or we're in trouble." jung laughs, the entire sound laced with a psychotic undertone as he pressed the blade a tiny bit deeper into the male's melanin skin.

"as for interest...we can settle that right now."

Written with -mooniris