'Chasing Chick & Dick' - Roger x Cyndi

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official MIK storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

Author: Kal (IPKReader)

〰️〰️〰️

A/N:

This one shot was born in one of the craziest and funniest comments threads of MIK. Ami, Tiff and Rachel's encouragement is the ONLY reason why this is published, otherwise I have never written or published anything like this in my entire life.    

I dedicate this to Ami, one of the sweetest and nicest people I know and the finest writers on wattpad. Ami, I love you.

Roger is one of my favorite characters in MIK, even with limited presence, he made a big impact in the story and me. He is the love of my life ;)

If you really liked this one shot and want to show some love, then please buy coffee for Ami. With two new stories, she needs a lot more caffeine (https://ko-fi.com/amithedarklady)

Enjoy!

Love
Kal (Freshly minted "Fluff Addict", thanks to Ami's Luke and Ophelia)

〰️〰️〰️

It's after 5 PM and everybody in the office has left for the day.

Cyndi surreptitiously looks toward Roger's desk, sigh! One glance is all it takes for her to forget propriety and be drawn to him like a moth to a flame.

Cyndi gets up from her desk and takes slow and steady steps in the direction of Roger, walking around his desk she stands there just a foot away from him. Being this close to him makes her lose the confidence she walked in with not even moments ago and now, she is unsure of herself.

Roger is engrossed in reading something on his desk, so focused, so dedicated like that's the most precious thing in the world. Cyndi muses to herself, 'Will he be this focused and dedicated when he sees me nak—' Her sweet musing and dirty thought is cut short when Roger suddenly lifts his head and his bespectacled eyes look straight into Cyndi's. Her heart misses a beat, her lips part a little, her cheeks turn a tinge of pink. She is arrested by the darkness and intensity in those eyes, his spectacles doing nothing to hide the want in those eyes, Cyndi feels her body turn into concrete as she can't even move a muscle.

Though his eyes and mind are focused on the article, the sweet fragrance that belongs only to Cyndi took over his senses and he can't help but shift his focus to Cyndi. Roger takes his glasses off and looks into her eyes without any barrier.

Cyndi is mesmerized and her right hand holds on tightly to the end of the desk behind her, she isn't sure if her body can hold itself. Roger's eyes take a slow journey from Cyndi's desire glazed eyes to her pink cheeks and towards her trembling red lips. They can't help but think of their first meeting, in each others arms and the waves of desire that have encased them since then.

For everybody the first day at work is special, and is remembered for many reasons, but for Cyndi her first day at the press is special because of Roger and Roger only. She was thankful for being late on her first day, thankful for rushing into the closing elevator, thankful for her high heels getting stuck, thankful for tripping and thankful for the moment when she fell towards the only man in the elevator and his warmest hands that held her.

Once she had caught her breath, she looked up to see who the owner of those warm hands was, and she was very surprised and pleased that even with visible wrinkles and sprinkles of gray hair, the owner of those warm hands was a very handsomely aging man, with deep, dark eyes.

Even after six months she remembers vividly how goosebumps erupted all over her body, when she had realized her upper body was pressed against his and he had a tight grip on her arms. In her thirty years, Cyndi had never experienced such strong attraction at first sight.

The word "distraction" didn't exist in Roger's dictionary but, since her first day at the press, when Cyndi's warm and supple body bumped into him by accident — a beautiful one — in the elevator, she has become a walking and talking distraction to him. As they had reluctantly separated and put distance between themselves, deep down they both had felt a disappointment, that this would be their first and last encounter, little did they know the elevator was taking them to the same destination and they would be running into each other every single day, albeit not this closely.

The chime of an incoming email on Roger's computer brings them back to the present. Roger moves his gaze from Cyndi's red lips to her heaving chest. Cyndi feels the strings that were holding her back cut off but that doesn't give her any relief! Roger's eyes on her lips and chest make her body shiver and heat up at the same time. Suddenly the air around them changes and fills with the tension that appears every time they are alone and close.

Roger lifts his eyes back to Cyndi just to confirm and see a reflection of his desire in her eyes and he isn't disappointed. He is amused to see how the desire for him has transformed Cyndi's otherwise innocent face to sensuous. He can't deny what they have between them anymore.

He could hide his attraction and need but he couldn't run away from them and he didn't want to now, not today, when the object of his desire, reason for his sleepless nights and endless fantasies was standing in front of him, craving him. His hands twitch to touch her face, her soft and silky smooth skin and hold her in his arms. He holds his chair tighter than needed to reign in his thoughts and compose himself.

Even though Cyndi's eyes are locked with Roger's, she doesn't miss his tight grip on his chair. Did she affect him as much as he affected her, if not more? Was he trying to resist this attraction, this pull? Deny it? Run away, as usual? Those thoughts cast a shadow on her desire filled eyes, hopes in her heart and soon it made way to disappointment. The change in her emotions was so blatant that Roger didn't miss it and he furrows his brows in concern and confusion.

He can't do this to her, he can't deny this anymore, today he is going to touch her, kiss those plump lips, read her naked body as intently as his articles, write his name all over her with his hands, lips, tongue and... The urge to see the desire again in her eyes and do all those things that he just thought of was so strong that he felt a force push him out of his chair, he got up with a jerk and stood still!

He wanted Cyndi's name to roll off of his tongue, the only word his ears wanted to hear from his mouth was her name, but all he heard was a groan, a painful one. His aged hands, instead of reaching out to hold Cyndi's hand or caress her beautiful face went to support his damn aching back... And a painful reality dawned on him that at the age of sixty four he needs to chase his back ache not a chick, he needs to nurse his knees, not his dick.