'DP: Double Parties' - Gav x Mel x Dyl

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official MIK storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

⚠️⚠️⚠️ Cautionary advice from Rachel⚠️⚠️⚠️
This warning is here because some of our readers are feeling a little traumatised. Elise is our freakiest freak and this story in particular is a fun one 😜 But uhh... If you don't know what DP actually stands for, maybe have a think about whether you want to read this or not. So don't say I didn't warn you. Proceed with caution and contraceptives. 👉🍑🌮👈

Author: Elise (elisemariel)

Early marriage, before kids ● Melanie's POV

〰️〰️〰️

Being married to Gavin these past few months has been so fulfilling. Our turbulent beginning only added to our mutual aching desire...for peace. Even the most mundane of tasks sounded like a dream to us when we were first wed. Going to the store together, meeting friends for drinks, stealing a kiss in public. We were starved of those simple affections for so long that we wanted to continue to just bask in those mundane thrills. I mean, who gets married before going to the grocery store together? We do, apparently.

So naturally, our families were not quite so understanding of our wish to push back the chaos of planning a "real" wedding. Gavin and I just wanted to relax and ease into our new joint life. But, alas, life had other ideas for us—as usual. Probably why after only a few whirlwind months, our formal wedding is already next weekend.

"Babe are you just about ready?"

Gavin interrupts my thoughts to ask if I am ready to leave for our joint bachelor and bachelorette party. A "double party," as Alison put it.

I finish applying a light coat of mascara and stepped back, admiring my fitted champagne dress. It wasn't overly fancy, just snug and long enough to be appropriate for the local bar we'd be attending with our friends for the evening.

"Yeah, although this is a little silly, isn't it? I mean, we're already married."

"Just think of it as a night out with friends, not a bachelor or bachelorette party as our friends insist on calling it."

Our friends wanted us to celebrate a traditional bachelor and bachelorette party—separately. The thought of a sash and a crown and overly drunk girls stumbling about the club mortified me. Gavin felt similarly about a bachelor party. Luckily, we were able to convince our friends to condense the shenanigans to a joint get together.

I stepped out of the bathroom and into our living room. Gavin was typing away on his phone, clearly responding to someone—probably about our ETA. We may have been married for a few months now, but I still drink in the sight of my husband at every opportunity. His slacks perfectly cling to his hips, and his off-white button down is rolled up at the sleeves, perfectly showing off his firm arms and broad chest. Mmm.

Gavin finally looks up and his eyes noticeably darken as he appraises me. The sweetheart neckline of my dress shows just enough cleavage to catch the eye, and I can tell it has done its job. He tucks his phone away and makes his way to me. "Maybe we don't have to go..."

I smirk. "C'mon, bachelor. Let's go and appease our friends."

His strong arms wrap around me and he places a firm but affectionate kiss to my temple. A chuckle. "Let's go, bachelorette."

•••

It's a couple hours in and we're standing by the bar with drinks in hand when I feel a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. I stiffen until I see Gavin roll his eyes.