Hey... Can We?

"Can't you stop leaving your rose petals everywhere? You're going to give us away," Weiss reprimanded in a whisper as Ruby and her crouched behind a shrub, watching Yang and Blake's interaction.

"I'm trying...it's not that easy when my semblance gives them off all the time," Ruby said distractedly.

"Shush," Weiss hissed.

"But-"

"Really, quiet! They might hear us," Weiss continued, making Ruby give her a troubled sideways glance. "Really...why are we doing this? They're probably just going to go stock up on dust and ammo."

"You...don't know?"

"What?" Weiss innocently tossed her head to the side.

"Never mind..." Ruby uneasily mumbled. She couldn't believe that Weiss hasn't noticed how close Yang sticks to Blake. They are partners, but she honestly doubts that that, with the way Yang always talks to or hugs Blake whenever she can, and the way Blake willingly accepts (and almost seems to want) her affection...she honestly doubts that that is just combat partners being combat partners... Though, she has to be grateful for their light hearted unrealized love, with it making her team better coordinated as a whole unit.

She was also worried about Yang in general. She knew she was strong and could take a few hits, but Blake's difficulty with expressing her feelings might cause more than just a few blows to the heart.

"Come on, Ruby. I don't think you want to lose them if you dragged me out here just to help you watch them," Weiss complained.

"Huh? Oh, they're moving out of range!" Ruby harshly whispered as she saw two black and Yellow figures disappear from her line of sight.

Ruby took Weiss by the forearm gently and raced with her semblance to a tree that was hanging above the area the two would soon cross.

"Y-you...!"

"Sorry, we had to move then..." Ruby apologized.

"You're...too close," Weiss mumbled, breaking away from Ruby, who had been holding her shoulders from behind and had her chin on her shoulder.

"Oh! Sorry..." Ruby replied nervously. There was a long silence in which Weiss and Ruby glanced quickly at each other, their eyes meeting at one point and staying connected for a few seconds, both of their faces heating up at the cheeks.

"I-It's fine..." Weiss mumbled, turning away to hide her deepening blush.

"Right..." Ruby replied sadly, seeing Weiss seemingly act cold to her.

The strange atmosphere was broken when both girls heard a loud conversation coming into existence from their left.

"...so, what do you think?" Yang grinned to Blake, eager to hear her opinion.

"I actually think that's a great idea for Christmas. It'd be really...entertaining," Blake giggled.

"I know right? IT. WILL. BE. AMAZING!! I'll personally see to it myself that it'll be the best Christmas party the world has ever seen," Yang swore, her face turned to the sky.

"Yeah," Blake said, not knowing how to respond to her bright friend's declaration...

"Not only that, but before that, on Halloween...how does a costume masquerade sound?" Yang continued. "Hey, you could even show your ears and nobody would say anything about it!"

"That sounds great...but I don't think that would be okay..." Blake said uncertainly, slowing her walking pace.

Yang noticed this and quickly skipped ahead, turned around and leaned up really close to Blake, causing the fauna to stop dead in her tracks.

"Blake, you're a fauna. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I know that it'll take time, what with all of the segregation and stuff, the White Fang not making it any better...but I want you to be able to be yourself, your real self," Yang told Blake, not breaking eye contact for a second.

Blake, with Yang so close to her and Yang saying such meaningful things, blushed and turned away, looking to the ground. After keeping that position for a few seconds, she looked at Yang properly and said, "I'll need a little more time, but I know I'll overcome this fear. And once I do, you'll be the first person I'll be with when I take off my bow for people to see. And...thank you for worrying," she added on, her blush returning slightly.

"Ah, um...no prob," Yang replied, turning her body slightly and scratching the back of her head. She looked back at Blake, her natural sunny smile returning.

"So! About the festivities...oh, this'll be a masterpiece..." Yang mischievously giggled as her and Blake continued to walk out the front gate and onto the streets of Vale.

In the tree that held two partners, Ruby gave a relieved sigh. 'It seems that they're doing just fine...but maybe I should continue watching them...' Ruby thought, passing Weiss a pair of glasses with oval lenses, adding to her casual disguise. Luckily, Ruby was able to shift the form of her cape to an oversized bright red sweatshirt that also helped disguise her, along with her rectangular lensed glasses. Ruby tapped Weiss on the shoulder and racing ahead again, seeing the crowned girl follow closely with her glyphs.

The next area Ruby and Weiss perched at was the top of a bakery. Ruby inhaled the sweet buttery scents of the baked goods, making a face of complete euphoria.

"Hey, Weiss...can we...?"

"Hm...? What?" Weiss said quietly before being pushed back to the back of the vent on the building. Ruby leaned in really close to Weiss, her eyes large and her voice soft.

"Can we pleeeeeaaaassee~?" Ruby continued to beg, her thoughts full of buttery croissants and sweet strawberry tarts.

'...huh? Wait, what? What? WHAT? What the hell is Ruby doing, what's she asking for, god she's close, Ruby, please back away a little, you're too close...! Aaaaah, I DON'T WANNA, not so soon, why now? Why here? On top of a bakery of all places to kiss? I haven't even had my first kiss yet, and I don't want to kiss you! Or do I...? NO. I DON'T WANT TO! I like guys...maybe... Oh. God. I'm so stupid...' Weiss thought in a second of Ruby staring at her intently with puppy dog eyes. 'Oh...bakery...Ruby begging...God, what am I even getting so fretful about? But, she's still so close...'

Weiss shoved Ruby's face away with her hand, then sat up properly and cleared her throat.

"Sure...I guess we can go down for a minute, but we can't be seen..." Weiss whispered, looking over at where Yang and Blake were in the shop two places down across the street, looking at the clothes in the windows. "We'll go down, buy a few snacks, go back up and eat as we follow."

"Really? Oh, Weiss, I love you...!" Ruby shout-whispered, instantly regretting it.

Weiss stiffened, then blushed all over her body, with even her hands growing rosy. She instantly conducted herself, cooling her skin with the dust infused in her.

Meanwhile, Ruby's thoughts were flooded with rejections and words of disgust that she thought would be thrown at her without any mercy (even though she intended that as a joke to begin with), but surprisingly, Weiss said nothing as she lowered herself to the alleyway beside the bakery, and then said "are you coming or not?" In her normal tone.

Ruby widened her eyes, staring down at her partner and closest friend. 'Let me add crush to that,' Ruby thought, grinning down at Weiss. "I'm coming!" Ruby told her.