☆part 6☆

-Noen-

"So needy Noen" Chase says as I blush more then I already am somehow.

~~~

We finish at every place we needed to stop at and I think we should take Prince for a walk in the woods.

I pull up to a parking lot near a hiking trail. Prince insisted he sat in the front with Chase, so he is currently sleeping on Chase's feet with his head on Chase's leg, Chase, is also passed out one hand on Prince's head the other acting as a pillow between his head and the window.

I pull out my phone and snap a few pictures before poking Chase in the arm... it does nothing.

"Chasey wake up." I wine still poking his arm. He wakes up and looks down and Prince then to me and smiles really big, it's beautiful I love his smile.

"Hi Nowie." He says in a very cute i-just-woke-up-from-a-good-sleep type of voice, sitting up and stretching he long monkey arms.

"First, don't call me that, second how was your nap?" I say reaching in the back for Princes' leash just in case.

"Sorry about that I haven't been sleeping a lot lately, I don't know I just feel comfortable and vulnerable around you Noen, I guess I just let my guard down, also kind of hard not to sleep with this cuddly guy snoozing on my leg." Chases responds picking his hand off of Princes head and grabbing mine.

"It's fine honestly you don't have to apologize to me, and if you ever need me to sleep I'm right across the street." I say winking at Chase rubbing the back of his hand and continuing to talk again. "Plus we got done with everything we needed to and I just thought Prince would like to go on a little walk before we head back home." Chases cheeks flushed and he looked down at Prince. He squeezes my hand gently then let's go and starts to wake up the sleeping pup in his lap.

"Hey babe, wanna go for a walk? Yeah? Let's go then." Chase says rubbing Princes' head while opening the door and exiting.
"let's go Nowie were excited, right Princey?" He says looking at me then beckoning Prince to give him a hug. I watch as Prince jumps up and is almost as tall as Chase himself, Chase doesn't seem to mind he's just laughing rubbing Princes sides and giving him kisses on his nose and Prince of course returns the love.

"Let's go my boys." I say heading in the opposite direction of Chase and Prince.

I hear Chase and my dog run up behind me and feel Chase grab my hand and squeeze it. Prince is happily trotting along in front of us panting ever so slightly.

After about 20 or so minutes of walking I hear Chase start to talk. "Hey Noie can I show you something?" He asks

"Of course." I replie back to him

"Ok, cool come this way." He says pulling me to a smaller less walked path and whistles to Prince to make sure he knows that were walking a different way.

We stop and Chase turns to me. "I haven't been here in so long but it's like I never left." He says dropping my hand and slowly spinning in a circle looking at everything. He speaks again. "I can't believe I didn't come back here sooner." He looks at me and I see tears start to slide down his cheeks, they glisten like diamonds in the sun light.

I walk to him and rub away his tears with both my thumbs. I hold his face with my hands and make him look me in the eyes. For a moment we lock eyes it's like we can see into each others souls, he blinks and then a heartbreaking sob comes across from me. I pull him down into a hug and he goes limp, I try to hold up his frame but I fail and we fall to our knees.

"Please don't look at me like that Noen." He says after a few minutes of us together.

"Like what Chase?" I ask kind of confused.

"Like your looking in my soul, your eyes like pierce into me and I don't want to hurt you. I know we only just met but it feel like I've known you forever, and I... I don't know what to do or what to say when you look at me like that." He says laying his head on my shoulder.

"Chase, I'm so sorry." I say wrapping my arms around him while pulling his body to mine.

I pull Chase down into a sitting position and Prince is now at my feet. It's quite for a moment, a calm has settled around us. I pick Chase's head off my shoulder and kiss his forehead, I tuck his hair behind his ears and wipe away the rest if his tears with my sleeve.

"I'm so sorry Noen, I'm so so sorry." He says over and over again.

"Chase it's fine I'm here you, you don't have to be sorry." I say wrapping my arms around him once again. His sobs muffle into me for a while, then slowly stops. He picks his head up from my chest and wipes the remaining tears away.

I look at him and I'm in awe at his beauty even now. His hair is in his face, eyes bloodshot and slightly swollen, his slight eye bags have a deepend to a darker shade, eyelashes are stuck together from crying, cheeks are flushed and tear staind. His lips are slightly chapped and they're still quivering, his neck and ears are flushed maybe from crying maybe from the cold. This moment is so raw and valuable to me, he's vulnerable and it's beautiful to me.

"You're breathtaking Chase." I say tucking his hair back behind his ears again.

"I'm a mess Noen, I'm so sorry, I'm disgusting and ugly." He says with a scoff.

"You're beautiful to me Chase, even after just breaking down you still look like the most perfect person. You're absolutely gorgeous and wonderful. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you." I say standing up and offering my hand to the boy on the ground.

"You're to good too me Nowie, to pure for this cruel world. Just look at you Noen your so perfect." He says standing up and looking down at me.

"I'll always be here for you Chase." I say grabbing his waist and pulling him into me for a hug.

"Thank you for all you've done for me today Noen, I don't know how I'll ever make it up to you." He says calmly.

He kisses the top of my head, and presses his lips to my forehead. I squeeze him but not too hard. This moment is perfect and I'll remember it forever. I cuddle my head deeper into the crook of his neck breathing in his scent and the earthy smells around us. I'm at peace in his arms. My lips are pressed against his neck and I can feel his steady heartbeat against them. I breath out a soft sigh and I feel Chase twitch from my breath, his skin now chicken skin from a chill. I close my eyes for a moment just relaxingin this calm position.

I realize something then. Chase is everything I need in life. He's perfect. And I think. No I know I love him.

☆☆☆☆
I'm so so so sorry this took over a year to update, I have no excuses. But thank you to over the 1.3k reads! That blows my mind how many people actually read this thing. Anyways I actually promise this time I wont take over a year to update. I hope yall like the book and if you want more updates lmk (it'll keep me actually motivated to write)  till next time
xoxo -letters