Chapter 2: The World Where Strange is Normal

Kirito, Asuna, and Yui woke up under a tree.

"Mommy, Daddy, I can't tell where we are," Yui told her parents.

Yui noticed she was no longer in her pixie form, she was back to her original size.

"Can you gather any data at all Yui?" Asuna asked.

"No I can't. It's almost like I'm not even an AI anymore."

Kirito and Asuna then tried to use their menus, but it didn't work.

"I think we're in the real world! It worked! Yui really is here with us!" Asuna smiled.

The family then hugged, and decided to spend the day in town together. But before they left, Kirito and Asuna noticed they each had a note in their pockets.

"Thank you for accepting this challenge. While you are no longer in a game, you are no longer in your ordinary world either. In this world, majority of the population have superhuman powers known as Quirks. As for you, your skills from Alfeim Online have been replaced with a Quirk. With your new power, you will become heroes, as that is a profession in this world. You have been enrolled at U.A. High School. You must graduate in order to return to your world. The entrance exam begins tomorrow, good luck. -Kayaba," Kirito read aloud.

"Kayaba trapped us in another world again!" Asuna gasped.

"And this time it's not a virtual world, so I can't do anything. I'm worthless..." Yui asked in sadness.

"Yui, listen to me. Even though you might not have your AI abilities, you are not worthless, ok?" Kirito told her.

"Ok Daddy," Yui replied, feeling a bit better.

Just then, Yui noticed something.

"Kirito, Yui, look! It's our cabin from floor 22!" Asuna pointed.

To their surprise, she was right, the cabin was there, just a little bit outside of the city.

"Well, looks like we won't have to find a hotel tonight," Kirito smiled as he hugged his family.

(Special thanks to LyrissaArtemick for helping me find the deleted text so I can retype this!)