Chapter 3: Entrance Exam

After a good night's sleep in the cabin, Kirito and Asuna had to wake up U.A. High School's entrance exam. But when they woke up, they couldn't find Yui anywhere.

"Yui? Yui?" the worried Kirito and Asuna kept calling out.

"Yes?" they heard Yui ask.

The couple could hear their daughter, but they could not see her.

"Where are you Yui?" Asuna asked.

"I'm right here Mommy," Yui replied as she flew in front of Asuna and Kirito.

To their surprise, she was back in her pixie form.

"I thought you lost your ability to become a pixie," Kirito recalled.

"This is my Quirk Daddy! I can shrink into my Pixie form, and I can see an HP bar above anyone I want, then I can see how close they are to defeat!"

Kirito and Asuna didn't have time to test out their Quirks, so they decided to bring weapons just in case. Everything in the cabin was from Alfheim Online, but Kirito and Asuna noticed their weapons were from their time in Sword Art Online. Kirito had Dark Repulsor and Elucidator, while Asuna had her Lambent Light rapier.

Both Kirito and Asuna were reluctant to allow Yui to come with them, but Yui promised to be careful, and she declared she could be helpful. So the three of them went to U.A. High School together.

Inside, the teacher Present Mic announced everyone would be experiencing 10 minute long "mock city-scape maneuvers." Everyone would be assigned to a testing location, so people at the same school together previously couldn't help each other out. Each site was filled with three kinds of faux villains. According to their level of difficulty, points would be awarded for defeating them. Once Present Mic finished his explanation another examinee spoke up.

"May I ask a question?! There appear to be no fewer than four varieties of faux villain, on this handout!" the examinee with glasses pointed out.

Asuna and Kirito looked at their handouts, and sure enough, he was right.

"Such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming for U.A., Japan's top academy! We're all here today in hopes of being molded into heroes! And you, with the curly hair!" the examine pointed at a timid looking boy. "You've been muttering this whole time...it's distracting! If this is some sort of game to you, the please leave immediately!"

"Sorry," the curly-haired boy timidly apologized.

"Man, what's he so uptight about?" Asuna whispered.

"Nice catch, thanks! But the 4th faux variety villain gets you zero points! It's kind of like a Thwomp from Super Mario Brothers! Only one at each! A 'gimmick' that'll rampage around in close quarters!" Present Mic explained.