Choice

Acacius aka Akihiko was having an internal monologue with system.

'So you're telling me the FL of this world was killed by the ML and as a result, the world self-destructed?'

[Yes host! This world reset to a point of time where they haven't met so all you have to do is protect the FL until she gets married to anyone besides the villain and ML].

'...Were the ML and villain lovers?'

[Yes, but sadly they were reincarnaters searching for each other for many centuries but ended up at the wrong place and time    (。•́︿•̀。)]

Akihiko clenched his fist and gritted his teeth when he heard the next words.

[God was angered that such things didn't know their place and destroyed his plot so he sent their souls to hell].

'...'

'Have incidents like this happened before'

[More times than I can count. I know this might sound mean coming from me but I hope you don't meet your fated one. I wouldn't be able to bear to see you and your loved one in pain].

[Though I'm not in the position to force you to do anything after all everything is your choice].

Akihiko sighed, hearing such depressing stories makes him feel depressed too. He'd rather not be down in the dumps when he finally reincarnated.

'Thanks for being so considerate system, I'll keep this information in mind'

System immediately brightened the atmosphere with its words.

[No problem host! The pleasure is all mine! I hope we can become great partners from now on!    ╰(*'︶'*)╯].

Akihiko smiled at its words.

"Akihiko we're here"

He cast his eyes away from the window to his startled attendant who saw his smug smirk.

"Fumio when I get to my room I'd like some black tea", now sitting up straight Fumio couldn't help but notice something strange about him.

As if he was a different person.

Almost resembling a certain person.

"Understood, I'll have a maid be sent". Someone opened the carriage door which made Akihiko stand up and walk out. Then Fumio followed next.

Hearing the sound of simultaneous voices fill his ears, he prepared for what was going to happen next.

"Welcome home young master"

Nodding with a sign of acknowledgment he trudged along the red carpet only to see his one and only mother.

Fumio lowered his head, while Akihiko narrowed his eyes at her.

"I see you're back already my dearest son! Let's go have some tea on the veranda!", she nothing less but a beauty.

Akihiko smiled while his eyes told a different story.

"Good to be back mother".

----
(Hey. It's been a long time, hasn't it?. Expect more updates in the future, plus I'm going to be creating another fanfic for WMMAP(Who made me a princess) so check that out if you want. I guess you could consider this chapter as prologue 2.0, in the next chapter I'm going straight to the plot and characters, till next time have a great day!).