Chapter 8

Izuku's POV~

"You two are the cutest! Definitely not who I had my money on, but I'm not complaining!" Mina said as she clapped her hands and jumped in place. I blushed at her comment and averted eye contact. She was starting to draw the attention of other people in our class.

Uraraka nodded in agreement. "Who were you thinking?" She asked the pink haired girl.

"Obviously Kirishima and Bakugou." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And then Todoroki and Deku, right?" Uraraka said, getting excited as they seemed to have the same train of thought.

"Of course!" Mina said.

I was dying of complete embarrassment at their conversation. Kacchan seemed thoroughly disgusted, and Kiri was just amused. "Me and Shitty hair?! Are you kidding me?" Kacchan asked them angrily.

"Ouch Bakubro, act a little more offended, I don't think you destroyed all of my self confidence yet." Kiri said, placing a hand on his heart and faking offense.

Kacchan rolled his eyes at the red head's behavior. "As if we'd ever be a thing. That's just, more disturbing than I care to think about." Kacchan said with a shudder.

Kiri shrugged his shoulder and threw an arm around my shoulder. "Good thing I'm pretty invested in Zuku then, huh? Imagine how awkward our friendship would end up if I was still pinning after you." He joked.

"What friendship?" Kacchan said teasingly, raising a brow. My eyes widened when I realized that he had actually joked around with Kiri. I had never seen him do that before.

Kiri placed a hand over his heart. "Why you gotta do me like this bro? I thought we had something special." He said, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

I looked back and forth between them. I had never seen them actually both act like friends. I was a little confused on what had happened.

"Yeah, I wonder why Ura and I thought you two would end up together." Mina said, sarcasm dripping from her mouth.

Kacchan growled at her. "Shut it raccoon eyes." He said.

Mina smiled innocently. "Awe, Bakgou. Don't be like that. We're friends!" She said.

"Tch, no the fuck we aren't." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets and walking away.

We all watched him go, Uraraka and I more than confused.

Mina dreamily sighed. "What an amazing friend." She said, and I actually couldn't tell if she was being serious or not.

"I have no clue what just happened, but I have some homework I need to get done before I push it off for the whole weekend. Bye guys!" Uraraka said, quickly walking towards the elevators.

"Oh, okay! Bye Ura!" I called after her. I jumped slightly as I felt arms wrap around my waist and a head being placed on my shoulder.

"Ugh, you two are ridiculously cute. I'll leave you love birds alone, but I want details later!" Mina said, walking into the living room area and sitting next to Sero and Kaminari.

I was spun around by Kiri, and he trapped me between him and the kitchen counter. "Hang out with me tonight?" He asked, smiling hopefully.

I turned a light shade of pink as I nodded in agreement and avoided his eyes. He didn't seem to like that, lifting a hand to my chin and directing me to look up at him. "Great. I'll be at your dorm at eight. Wear something warm." He said, placing a light kiss on my nose before dragging me into the living room by my wrist. He sat down on chair next to his friends and pulled my down to sit on his lap.

I turned a deep shade of red as Sero, Kaminari, and Mina all sent us suggestive looks. Kiri noticed, telling them to knock it off quickly.

"So, are you two dating yet or just fooling around?" Kaminari asked.

I couldn't seem to catch a break that morning. Every five minutes I was being embarrassed worse than previous times. I wasn't sure my heart could handle it.

"We aren't fooling around." Kiri said, sending a small glare at the blonde, who held his hands up in surrender.

The group fell into an awkward silence after that. Mina broke it a few minutes later, striking up a conversation about some meme. I was more than uncomfortable, so I turned towards Kiri and whispered that I had some homework I still had to do and was gonna go work with Uraraka, if he needed to find me before that night.

He nodded and let me up, but not before giving me a chaste kiss. I didn't think I'd ever get used to that, him just kissing me casually. I wasn't complaining by any means, but it was definitely different.

I quickly scurried up to My own dorm. I had to grab my work before I could go to Ura's room. When I walked in, I took a seat on my bed, just trying to manage my thoughts before I went over to my best friend and ranted for a few hours. It would be a good idea if I had a basic outline, you know?

I went over everything that had happened yesterday. The movie, video games, the glass, Kiri fixing me up, him suddenly leaving with Kacchan, then showing up late running from someone, and then all his suspicious behavior this morning. I had no clue what he could have been hiding, but I didn't think it was good. He was to terrified for it to be something small.

I tried to think over everything that he could be hiding. It clearly had something to do with Kacchan. My first thought was that they were secretly dating or something. It would make sense, with everything that Kacchan had hinted to and their behavior earlier. It was the only thing I could come up with.

It... stung a little.

Why would Kirishima even be pretending to like me if he had Kacchan? I mean, come on, it's Kacchan. How'd want me when you could have him? He had always been better than me, even while in high school. No matter how hard I tried, or how far I pushed myself, I didn't think I could ever catch up.

How could I compete?