Chapter 1

"It's this early in the morning, and donuts are the first thing you say. They aren't the food people should eat in breakfast, you pest!" I began to continuously poke her on the forehead.

"But Chibi! Nixium sometimes eat donuts on breakfast!" She protested.

"While you're still a child, you need to watch over your health. I'm not gonna be the one paying the bills when you get sick." I stopped and turned away from her.

"Nixium never gets sick!" Her animal ears jolt up.

"Okay." I gave her a blank expression.

"Hmm... Hey Chibi! Can we eat pancakes then?!" She asked with sparkling eyes.

"Pancakes.. All right sounds good." I said.

"Yay! I'll help!" She offered.

"No." I immediately said while giving her a malicious expression.

"..Okie, I won't help."

I walked over to my kitchen and gathered some ingredients to make the pancakes. After finishing stirring the contents of the bowl, I prepared a pan and put it on the stove before turning up the heat.

Nixium was in the other room, probably doing something as she waits. It's been like this since summer had started. Eat, do almost nothing, bathe and sleep. Not that I dislike it, at least the pest isn't being much of a pest lately. But she's still a pest and forever will be.

Now that the pancakes have been cooked, it's time to serve them. I grab two plates and placed a stack of our breakfast on both, I added some syrup to improve the taste.

"Breakfast is done, now time to eat. Hey pest, you gonna eat or not." I called for her.

"Weeeee!" She runs inside with her arms in a T-pose manner.

Sitting down on the chair, I sat down as well and looked at my food.

"Thank you for the food." We both said before starting to chow down on the pancakes.

After breakfast, I first washed Nixium before taking a bath myself while she waits for me outside. Once that's done, all we did was laze around. Not knowing what to do.

I'll be going to my part time job in the afternoon so I'll leave her in the apartment alone. I wonder what she's been doing while I'm gone all this time.

"Chibi... do something. Nixium is bored.." She suddenly went up to me with a gloomy face.

"I ain't gonna do anything that is tiresome. Go do something for your sake." I replied.

"But Nixium doesn't know what to do." She said.

Q-Q

"Oi, don't you dare make that face." I glared at her.

A knock a was heard from the door, alerting the two of us. I stood up from my bed and walked over to it. I turned the door knob and opened it, to my surprise it was Gideon.

"Yo." He casually waves at me.

"What brings you here?" I asked as I raise a brow.

"Pops asked me to give this to you. He said it might be of use to you in the future." He holds up a small box in front of me.

I took the box from his hand and examine it before looking back at him.

"What's inside this?" I asked.

"Not gonna tell you since I don't know myself as well." He said.

"I'll just find it out when I open it, huh." I said.

"Of course. What, you thought I'll tell you or you'll magically know what's inside. Are you dense?" His statement somehow mocked me.

"Want me to tell you who's more dense between us." I said giving him a death glare.

"Okay I'll stop. I need to get going now, Von and Sven are still waiting for me. Later." He gives me one last wave before walking off.

I stare at the box for a moment before stepping inside and closing the door. Nixium immediately went up to me with curiosity.

"Chibi, what's that?!" She asked.

"Something Gideon gave to me from Zamiel." I answered.

"Les open it!" She exclaimed.

"All right, all right." I sighed and walked over to the coffee table.

She then followed me and stood beside me, placing down the box on the table, the both of us stare at it. I looked over to her and saw that she's tempted to open it.

I sigh. Slowly removing the wrapping, I grab the cap and took it off.

Our eyes went wide white when we saw what's inside the box.

It was a gun.

A real one.

"Chibi... why Mr. Zamiel give it to you?" Nixium asked, as she seemed terrified while staring at the gun.

"I don't know but...." I paused.

"That old man is stupid!!"

......................

"It's already summer, isn't it?" Luka looked over at the bed of flowers he's been watering for months.

He began to stroke the head of the gray cat that is in his arms, while the other stray cat that Nixium refers to as Cat is sitting beside him.

"Hopefully, this will be a nice break." He smiles.