Chapter 5

"Gideon, finally we found you.. Where have you been anyway?" Sven holds on his knees as he pants.

"I'm busy, what do you want?" Gideon crossed his arms.

"Pretty sure you're just walking around this whole time-" Von immediately spots Gideon giving him a death glare and sweats "U-uhhh, sorry to bother you boss... we just needed you on something."

"What something? Care to explain?" Gideon said.

"It's about this!" Sven finally recovers and shows Gideon a poster.

"Magic Battles? What's that?" Gideon raises a brow as he looks at the two.

"It's as the name says so itself! A magic battle, since you're a skilled Mage we want you to participate too!" Sven exclaimed.

"Why should I join a lousy tournament? If you want to join there, then participate yourselves. Don't drag me into your shenanigans." Gideon walks past then and sighs.

"But Gideon! You're the only Mage between the two of us! Plus, the tournament has a prize money to whoever wins." Von tries to convince him.

"I already have money with me so why bother trying to win more? I won't be having any much use with them anyway." He said.

"You can also try to test how strong you are!" Sven said.

This statement made Gideon stop on his tracks. Slowly turning back to face them, he smirks. The facial expression he showed made both Sven and Von feel a little unsettled.

"Good one there, Sven. I haven't realized that, so where do I sign in to participate?" He asks.

"In the abandoned warehouse just a couple blocks from here." Von said.

"Take me there will you?" Gideon requested.

"Okay, let's go!" Sven started skipping his way out of the facility.

"If I get to know that I've gotten stronger than before, I'll make sure to ask that lousy brother of mine for a rematch." He smiles.

"Ooohh that guy the white haired little girl is always with? I'm sure you can beat him next time!" Von encouraged him.

"Whatever, let's go." Gideon started walking as Von follows him.

The three of them later arrived at the abandoned warehouse, group of people have gathered around a table where there's another person sitting there. Gideon approaches the person with the other two behind him.

"One at a time, one at a time! Can't you see I'm only one here!" The guy who is taking care of the registrations yelled.

"Act faster then." Gideon mumbles.

"Hah?! What was that you punk?!" He angrily looks at him.

"I would like to participate this small tournament." Gideon crosses his arms.

"Give me your name and other info." He said.

Finally, Gideon was registered in the tournament. All that's left is for his turn to have a match. The trio stood from the side and watch the first fight unfold in front of them. Von noticed his boss smirking this whole time, which made him shiver for wondering what could be going on in his mind.

Sven, on the other hand was so engrossed with the matches that he didn't bother noticing Von who was calling for him this whole time.

Meanwhile, as the tournament is ongoing, both Nixium and Chibi are out in the city, walking their way back to the apartment after going to a donut shop to eat. The little girl was on his shoulders, humming happily which kind of annoyed the tsundere under her.