chapter one

Hey, hey are you ready?

Are you ready to play?

Go team, go team!

Bears all the way!

Marinette Dupain Cheng, aka Miss Perfect. You know, the most popular girl in school. The prettiest one, with the most beautiful clothes.

"Man, she's so hot!" Dylan, a random kid said. 

"She's way out of your league, bro." Steve replied to Dylan's comment.

The one with straight A's in everything, and a perfect manicure.

"Oh! It's Marinette! You can ask her for advice on what to wear for your date this weekend.” Juleka suggested.
"Great idea! She always helps everyone!” Rose happily said.

I'm Marinette and I'm that girl they’re talking about.

"Thank you so much for your advice, Marinette!” Rose giggled. 

"No problem.” And with that she skipped away happily.

"You're always so nice to everyone. I really don't know how you do it,” Alix said to me.

"That's why she's the most popular girl in school and you're not.” Chloe snapped.

"Guys, stop!” I yelled at them.

The head cheerleader who is dating the quarterback.

"Hey girls, hey Mari,” Kim the quarterback greeted us.

"Hey, guys.” I replied. 

"Hi, Kim.” Chloe smiled.

"Are you all ready for the bonfire party?" he asked. "Of course! It's only the biggest, most fun senior tradition!” Alix squealed happily.

"Not to mention the skinny dipping. It's going to be fun and scandalous.” Chloe added.

"Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Especially you, Marinette.” And with that Kim and his followers left.

Well, I'm not dating the quarterback or anyone at the moment. All the boys I know in this school are either jerks or just not really interesting.
I don't think I'm the prettiest girl in school, though.

"See you tomorrow,” Sabrina, a member of our cheerleading team, dismissed at the locker room after changing from her uniform.
We all got changed too. Oh, on with the story...

I also study like crazy to maintain my grades, so I'm proud to be a straight A student.
But as for being popular... I actually have no idea why I'm popular.

Maybe it's some kind of automatic status that comes with being the head cheerleader.

Anyway, meet the squad.

"That was such an awesome routine!" Alix said. She's the one who looks like a young Kerry Washington. She wants to be a professional cheerleader for the NFL.

"We were totally kicking ass." That's Chloe. Her dream is to move to LA and become an actress.

"I don't know, guys. I think our pyramid was a little wobbly.”

So that's Alya. She wants to be a vet. Oh, and she's a perfectionist.

"You're over analyzing again, Alya." Chloe rudely said.

"Are you saying that because I'm Asian or because I’m Jewish, because that's racist."

"I’m saying that because you're a moron, you moron,” Chloe spat again.