chapter 23

Marinette, listen.......I have to keep this short, there's been a terrible mistake. They've taken me off the case and they're currently holding me for questioning

-but......why??

-apparently, they received an anonymous call yesterday telling them to check my car. And they found Alix's hair in my car. And that's enough for them to press charges against me.

-an anonymous call? Alix's hair??

-you.....you don't think I did it, did you?

-of course not! You're being set up!

-Marinette......I'm worried about you. I can't protect you while I'm being held in here

-you're being held at the station as a suspect and you're worried about me? Stop. I'm fine. I'm staying home with my mom

-okay.......take care of yourself, princess. Never let yourself be alone. And.....I.....I love you.

Adrien didn't wait for her response before he cut off the line.

Sabrina, Chloe and Alix were dead, the killer was still out there and now, Adrien was being held as a suspect. Marinette remembered something Adrien had said (they found Alix's hair in my car). But Alix had never been in Adrien's car, that night when he came to pick us up in the alley, Alix had driven her own car home.

Something struck marinette, she had remembered the last time Adrien dropped her off at school, it was hot that day and Adrien had his car windows down! Was it.........could he have dropped the hairs in the car......through the open window?

Marinette eyes were as wide as saucers "oh my God!" she placed her hands on her mouth as she sat on her bed to process the information "he planted the hairs! The killer is Mr Couffaine!"

"Who are you texting anyway?"

"Nobody."

"I have a real man now"

"GM AND LC"

"Chloe always used to love showing off whoever she was dating at the moment but she was mysteriously secretive about him because he was our teacher! LC is Luka Couffaine!!" marinette muttered to herself as she screamed into her pillow

She lifted her head up from her pillow and brushed the hair off from her face "but........but.....he doesn't drive as black ford" she face palmed "or at least that's what he TOLD us."

Marinette was red in the face right now. She knew what she had to do. She had to find out if he had another car. If he had lied to their faces. But......how?

He had proven himself to be shockingly cunning and he had killed three of her friends already. Luckily, she was not alone.

She dialed Alya's number, and didn't wait for Alya to respond after picking up before shouting out six little words.

Alya! I know who did it! She didn't just stop at that it's Luka Couffaine! It was him all along!

To say Alya was shocked would be an understatement what?? How do you know that?