Introduction

My name is Cris Greene. I'm only 16 and I have to make the biggest decision of my life in under 24 hours. I live in New York, well it was New York, the city changed... a lot. A war happened a decades back and we never left. We haven't had contact with the outside world for sometime. It's really kind of satisfying. I mean if our city looks like this, I can't imagine the others. We've stayed isolated for almost 100 years, I've been here since birth, as well as my family. I only have my mom, Katherine, my dad, Pete, and my brother, Winnstead. In our city, we have five factions; the Kins, the Kins are the people that help society and controls the government. The Rutopians, the Rutopians live in harmony and work in the gardens. The Restless,the Restless is our army, our fighters. They've always been cool to me. The Intelligence, the Intelligence are the smarties of NYC and they help create the laws. Finally the Truths, the Truths is basically our judges. They'll make you tell the truth even if it hurts. ; but only one is a threat, the Irregular. The five factions are suppose to separate us, and keep us in one group, but the Irregular's are all of the factions in one. They place a great threat to our government, and kill them on spot once revealed, that's why they stay hidden in plain sight. When the teens of New York turn 16, they have to choose their faction, and unfortunately, my brother and I just turned 16 last month. See, we don't want to leave our parents, but we have to choose a different faction for ourselves, we have to do what's right for us. Just us.